Fortunately the city of Sulphur Springs Wastewater Treatment Plant was not damaged by a fire reported at that location on Labor Day just after 1 p.m. According to City Manager Marc Maxwell, the fire occurred in equipment of a company that has a contract with the city to process city sludge from the plant. Maxwell said the city would be impacted because now they have to figure out what to do with their sludge. He said if the equipment problem can be repaired in a couple of week, the city could stockpile sludge. If the problem goes on longer than that, Maxwell said the sludge could be carried to a landfill like they once did.
- Hopkins County Records – Sept. 24, 2021
- I-30 Traffic Stop Results In Discovery Of Pipe And Methamphetamine, Arrest
- Wildcats Football Team in Ennis Today For Friday Gameday, Plus First Ever Wildcats Cross Country Invitational Tomorrow
- Author, Civil Engineer Describes What, In His Observations, It Takes To Make “Strong Towns”
- Love Oldies? Consider the Atomic Prom
- Trading Post for September 24, 2021