Fortunately the city of Sulphur Springs Wastewater Treatment Plant was not damaged by a fire reported at that location on Labor Day just after 1 p.m. According to City Manager Marc Maxwell, the fire occurred in equipment of a company that has a contract with the city to process city sludge from the plant. Maxwell said the city would be impacted because now they have to figure out what to do with their sludge. He said if the equipment problem can be repaired in a couple of week, the city could stockpile sludge. If the problem goes on longer than that, Maxwell said the sludge could be carried to a landfill like they once did.
- Winnsboro Police Department Media Report – Feb. 22-28, 2021
- Nell Payne
- County Commissioners Consider Request For A Property Tax Payment Refund
- Hopkins County Received 153 Pallets Of Water, 2 Trailers Full Of Supplies Donated Following Winter Storms
- Wildcats Golf Team Places Sixth at Two-Day Tourney at Squaw Valley Links Course in Glen Rose
- Dinner Bell Menu For March 3, 2021