Volunteers prepare meals at the Sulphur Springs Senior Citizens Center and deliver them five days a week to Meal A Day program recipients in Sulphur Springs and Hopkins County. The Meal A Day Menu for the week of April 18-22, 2022 includes:
- Monday – Beef Spaghetti, English Peas and Garlic Sticks.
- Tuesday – Sweet and Sour Chicken On a Bed of Rice, Egg Rolls and Asian Vegetables.
- Wednesday – Meatloaf, Mashed Potatoes, Green Beans and a Roll.
- Thursday – Chicken Cheese and Broccoli Soup, Crackers and Tossed Salad.
- Friday – Rope Sausage, Black-Eyed Peas, Green Tomato Relish and Cornbread.
The Sulphur Springs Senior Citizens Center is a place where Senior Citizens age 50 and over can have a good time with old friends and make some new ones. Meal-A-Day is just one service the center provides. The coffee pot is always on and a smile is on each face. The SCC has a full library with all different kinds of reading books that can be taken, read and returned. Take as many as you like and bring some of your books in to share with others. Click here to find more information for seniors citizens.