By Butch Burney, Chamber of Commerce President/CEO, [email protected]
For all that we’ve lost and everything we’ve gained in 2021, Christmas is an annual reminder to appreciate each day and to appreciate each person in your life.
I hope that everyone has family or loved ones that they can connect with this Christmas season. A gift of time is more meaningful that anything wrapped under a tree, so make it your mission to spend time with those significant to you and make memories that can’t be erased.
Have a happy and safe Christmas.
As 2021 comes to an end, it is time to get nominations in for those individuals and businesses that have been outstanding this year.
Nominations are being accepted for Citizen of the Year, Woman of the Year, Small and Large Businesses of the Year and other superlative recognitions. The awards will be announced at the Chamber’s membership banquet on Thursday, Feb. 17, at the Hopkins County Civic Center.
Nominations can be sent to [email protected] or mailed to the following addresses:
- Citizen of the Year — Chamber of Commerce — 110 Main Street, SS, TX 75482.
- Woman of the Year — Beta Sigma Phi Organization — P.O. Box 72, SS, TX 75483.
- Caregiver of the Year — The Pilot Club — P.O. Box 131, Sulphur Springs, TX 75483.
- Community Pride Award — Adult Leadership Class — 110 Main Street, SS, TX 75482.
- Agriculturist of the Year — Hopkins/Rains Counties Farm Bureau — 233 College St., Sulphur Springs 75482.
- Growth and Renewal — DBA — 109 Jefferson St. E, SS, TX 75482.
- Outstanding Professional Educator (Administrator, Counselor, Diagnostician, or Teacher)—Chamber of Commerce — 110 Main Street, SS, TX 75482.
- Outstanding Paraprofessional Educator (Secretary or Aide — Chamber of Commerce — 110 Main Street, SS, TX 75482.
- Outstanding Auxiliary Educator (Maintenance, Custodial, Transportation, Nurse or Cafeteria) —Chamber of Commerce — 110 Main Street, SS, TX 75482.
- Businesses of the Year — nominations should be for those businesses which exhibit outstanding community involvement — civic, church, educational, benevolent, humanitarian or other.
- Large Business of the Year — Chamber of Commerce — 110 Main Street, SS, TX 75482.
- Small Business of the Year — Chamber of Commerce — 110 Main Street, SS, TX 75482.
Work is continuing on the 2022 Hopkins County Chamber of Commerce Directory. We distribute over 7,000 of these directories to visitors, relocation hopefuls, and even hometown heroes who are interested in learning more about our local businesses. They include historical information as well all things to the see and do in Hopkins County. The best part is, they include an alphabetical and categorical listing of your business. LeeAnn Peugh, with Echo Publishing, will be contacting you in the next few weeks to see if you are interested in placing an ad in the directory.
The rates are affordable, and one of the best ways to represent your business. I hope you will consider this a wise investment with over 7,000 opportunities for business exposure. You may also contact the Chamber, and I will pass your information along to her.
Business Before Hours
One Church will be hosting a Business Before Hours on Wednesday, Jan. 5, from 7:30 a.m. to 8:30 a.m. It is a great time to connect with others in the business and social community. There will be breakfast refreshments available. Please make time to join us Jan. 5 at One Church, 1400 Loop 301.