It’s official – trick or treating will be held on Sunday, Oct. 31, 2021, in Sulphur Springs for anyone whose wishes for their kids to participate in the Halloween activity. The City of Sulphur Springs posted a notice Tuesday, Oct. 26, on their social media page regarding Halloween.
“We are not making a schedule change for Halloween. Oct. 31 is Sunday. Residents who wish to participate in Trick-or-Treat on Oct. 31 are certainly encouraged to do so! Several Churches will hold their Trunk-or-Treat events Saturday, Oct. 30. Perfect opportunity for kiddos to wear costumes and collect candy TWICE!”
Below are some of the seasonal activities KSST is aware of coming up this week in Sulphur Springs and Hopkins county. If your organization is hosting an event you’d like included below, submit them to KSST at [email protected].
- The 2nd Annual Halloween ScreamFEST continues with – Horror Film Marathon. Horror movies will be shown every night behind VR Social building. Bring a blanket and chairs. Friday and Saturday, Oct 29-30 a Spooky Pet Photo Booth FUNDRAISER will be held. A $10 donation is asked with all proceeds going to LetLoveLive, to support their mission to find homes and sanctuary for all animals in East Texas with a No-Kill philosophy. Also on Friday at 6 p.m. will be a GHOST GLOW Ride, a free family bike riding event in costume that starts at VR Social in costumes and travels to Coleman Park, with a DEAD WALKING on the Square! event starting at 9 p.m. Saturday (Zombies, werewolves, ghosts, grim reapers and aliens welcome to “dead walk” in costume from VR Social to the Square and back).
- Eagle Fall Fest 2021 will be conducted from 5 to 7 p.m. Oct. 28, at Como-Pickton CISD, 13017 State Highway 11 east. Cost is 50-cents per ticket.
- Woods of the Dead, benefiting Operation Victor Echo Tango, is open every Friday and Saturday in October from dark to midnight at 2779 CR 2426 in Como.
- Yantis ISD Fall Carnival begins at 5 p.m. Friday, Oct. 29, 2021, with serving of stew. Ticket sales begin at 5:30 p.m. for the carnival, which will be from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. The event offers food, games, candy, caramel apples and more for all ages. For additional information, contact the school campus offices during school hours prior to the event.
- Sulphur Bluff ISD parents are invited to the school 2 p.m. to set up in the cafeteria starting at 2 p.m. to hand out candy for students at the school. Those participating are asked to have at least 220 pieces, so that everyone gets candy.
- North Hopkins ISD’s Fall Carnival will be held from 5 to 7 p.m. Friday, Oct. 29, in the Elementary parking lot. For $1 visitors can enjoy a bounce house, participate in the senior cake walk, purchase popcorn or cotton candy, have their face painted or a temporary tattoo. Games cost 50-cents to $1 each. There will be classroom baskets silent auction, a FCCLA pumpkin carving contest, BETA concessions (pork street tacos plate with drink and dessert for $8). Halloween Dance for grades 6-8 will be held from 7-8:30 p.m.; cost is $5. In the event of bad weather, the carnival will be cancelled.
- Main Street Theatre and Backstory Brewery will present an Inaugural Local Business Trick or Treat and Cornhole Tournament Saturday, Oct. 30, at Backstory Brewery, 211 Magnolia St.. The Tourney starts at 3 p.m.; cost is $50 per team. Trick-or-treating will be from 6 to 8 p.m.; dress up and vote for your favorite booth. A fire-pit raffle will also be hosted with chances available for $5 each or five chances for $20. Proceeds go to help with cost of renovations at main Street Theatre. Call 214-498-7771 for more information.
- Central Baptist Church will host Treat Street, a family friendly event from 5:30 p.m. to 7 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 30, 2021, in the church Family Life Center (the gym at the end of the property across from the Skate Park in Buford Park.
- Trunk Or Treat will be held on the First Baptist Church-Sulphur Springs ballfield (the fenced field across Oak Avenue from The ROC starting at 6 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 30, 2021.
- Our Savior Lutheran Church will host Trunk or Treat from 5:30 to 7 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 30, 2021, on Celebration Plaza on Main Street.
- Trunk or Treat will also be hosted at Church of the Nazarene, 1300 South League St. (just north of the League Street overpass) Saturday, Oct. 30, from 6 to 8 p.m.
- Trunk or Treat will also be held from 5 to 7 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 30, 2021, on the front parking lot at League Street Church of Christ. There will be candy, games and more.
- Trinity Harvest Fall Festival will be held from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 31, 2021. The event will feature candy, games and bounce houses for kids to enjoy.
- The Way Bible Church, located at 674 Farm Road 2560 south of Sulphur Springs, will hold a Fall Fest, a groundbreaking event for a new building, at 10:45 a.m. Sunday, Oct, 31. All are welcome to bring a shovel and lawn chair to participate. There will also be family fun activities for all ages and free food.