The Wildcats Basketball Team will be taking on McKinney North Monday (January 13) at 6 p.m. in a varsity only game in the main gym at Sulphur Springs High School. The game was originally scheduled for Friday night but was postponed Friday due to concerns about the weather. Wildcats Coach Clark Cipoletta said a lot of times coaches might just cancel the game but he added both teams are off Tuesday so they opted to play this one. He said the Bulldogs present a real challenge for the Wildcats with district play beginning Friday. Coach Cipoletta said he expects McKinney North to win their district. He credited Bulldogs Coach Darryll Craft with doing an amazing job over the years turning the program around and making them a solid team year after year. Coach Cipoletta said the Bulldogs have size and a good guard who is probably destined to play college ball. He said the Wildcats got an idea what they were like during a preseason player-led showcase at McKinney Boyd High School. Coach Cipoletta said the Bulldogs gave the Wildcats fits early and were up by 8 or 10 points at the half. He said the Wildcats just pulled the game out at the end. KSST Radio will have the Wildcats and McKinney North game Monday at 6 p.m. with a broadcast featuring live audio streaming. The game will also be videotaped for replay at a later date on Channel 18 on Suddenlink Cable.
Home » Headlines » Wildcats Basketball Has Make Up Game With McKinney North Monday at 6 p.m. in SSHS Gym
- Update on Film ‘From Ashes, We Rise’
- Hopkins County Inmate Accused Of Assaulting Jailer With A Pen
- The Science of Guinness World Records Exhibit Invites Guests to ‘Be Their Best’
- Fun, Educational Interpretive Programs Offered at Cooper Lake State Park This Summer!
- County Refunding Bonds At Higher Rate Than Anticipated, But Still Expected To Save $522,086
- Winnsboro Police Department Media Report – June 7-13, 2021