At last report, the annual Sulphur Springs Powerlifting Meet on Saturday (January 11) is still a go. Weigh in will take place Saturday morning from 6:30 until 8. Competition is scheduled to begin at 8:30 a.m. Last year for the first time, Sulphur Springs had Lady Cats powerlifters. Addy Lamb was the first soon followed by Sable Erdmier. Both lifters went to the Regional Meet last year. Erdmier said she got the powerlifting bug after working last year’s Sulphur Springs Meet. She said her goal this season is to qualify for the State Meet and to medal. Erdmier said her favorite lift is bench press. She said she is lifting 20 pounds more in bench press this year than she did last year. Concerning what she needs to improve on, Erdmier said all three lifts because her lofty goals include a 350 pound lift in squat, a 125 pound lift in bench press and a 350 pound dead lift. She said she is currently lifting weights about four times a week.
- Tira News for Jan. 22, 2020
- A Few Simple Rules For Tree Pruning
- Wildcats Basketball Coach Clark Cipoletta Liked the Way the Wildcats Bounced Back Tuesday
- Wildcats Soccer Team Dominates Action But Has to Settle for 0-0 Tie at The Prim Tuesday Night
- Lady Cats Soccer Team Has Second Straight Rout, This One at Pittsburg Tuesday Night
- Miller Grove Hornets and Lady Hornets Get Wins Over Fruitvale Tuesday
Ye Olde KSST Poll
Large solar farms in rural areas of North East Texas are...
- A terrible idea! (40%)
- A great idea! (34%)
- fishy... very fishy.... (14%)
- I don't care one way or the other. (13%)
Thanks for voting!