The #13 ranked Saltillo Lady Lions Basketball Team took sole possession of first place in district with a convincing 83-26 over Sulphur Bluff in Kerry Garmen Gym in Saltillo Tuesday night (January 21). The Lady Lions were strong from the start jumping out to a 28-7 first quarter lead. The Lady Lions increased their lead to 49-19 at the half. They led after three quarters 63-21. The Lady Lions outscored the Lady Bears 17-5 in the fourth quarter. For the Lady Lions, Chandler Bain led them with 16 points. Jocelyn Ochoa had 14 points. Anna Reeder scored 12 points. Brittney Peeples, Paisley Kastner and Maddy Smith had 8 points each. Allie Lane had 7 points. Makenna Gurley scored 4 points. Kristina Wade added 2 points. Lady Lions Coach Bill Giles said his team came out ready to play. He said 28 points in the first quarter is an awesome start. Coach Giles said throughout the game Saltillo played with intensity on defense and shared the ball offensively. The Lady Lions are 5-0 in district play and Sulphur Bluff is now 4-1. The Lady Lions season record is 22-7. The Lady Lions play next at Avery.
- Ribbon-Cutting at the new Grays Building on June 18 in Observance of Juneteenth, a New National Holiday
- Tumbleweed Unveils His New One Man Show in Fort Davis
- Tyrik Rollison Joining Coach Owens’ Football Staff at SSHS
- Downtown Business Alliance is Accepting New Members and Planning 2021 Events
- Jury Panel Summoned to Appear Monday Has Been Cancelled
- SSISD Eligible To Apply For $11.5 Million In Federal ESSER Grant Funding