The #13 ranked Saltillo Lady Lions Basketball Team took sole possession of first place in district with a convincing 83-26 over Sulphur Bluff in Kerry Garmen Gym in Saltillo Tuesday night (January 21). The Lady Lions were strong from the start jumping out to a 28-7 first quarter lead. The Lady Lions increased their lead to 49-19 at the half. They led after three quarters 63-21. The Lady Lions outscored the Lady Bears 17-5 in the fourth quarter. For the Lady Lions, Chandler Bain led them with 16 points. Jocelyn Ochoa had 14 points. Anna Reeder scored 12 points. Brittney Peeples, Paisley Kastner and Maddy Smith had 8 points each. Allie Lane had 7 points. Makenna Gurley scored 4 points. Kristina Wade added 2 points. Lady Lions Coach Bill Giles said his team came out ready to play. He said 28 points in the first quarter is an awesome start. Coach Giles said throughout the game Saltillo played with intensity on defense and shared the ball offensively. The Lady Lions are 5-0 in district play and Sulphur Bluff is now 4-1. The Lady Lions season record is 22-7. The Lady Lions play next at Avery.
- Governor’s Executive Order GA-34 Lifts Mask Mandate, Allows Businesses To Open at 100 Percent Starting March 10
- Street Improvement Program, Concessionaire Services Highlight March 2 Sulphur Springs City Council Agenda
- Slaton Proposes Bills To Protect Historic Monuments, Prohibit Gender Reassignment Surgery Or Transitioning For Children
- North Hopkins ISD Superintendent Resigns To Accept Administrative Post At Ennis ISD
- Sulphur Springs ISD Employees Will Receive Pay, Some At Premium, For Days School Was Closed Due To Weather
- Lorraine Julianna Bradley