The Lady Cats Volleyball Team earned their way into the champion final game in the Challenger Bracket of the Garland ISD Volleyball Tournament Saturday before dropping the last game at Sachse High School. The Challenger Bracket featured third and fourth place teams in pool play on Friday. The Lady Cats, who left Sulphur Springs at 6 a.m. for an 8 a.m. game Saturday, did not seem to have much left in the tank in the afternoon as they lost the champion game to Carrollton Ranchview, 2-0. The score was 12-25 and 18-25. In contrast to the final game, the Lady Cats played three strong Saturday preliminary matches taking 2-0 wins over three opponents. The Lady Cats defeated Richardson Berkner, 25-17 and 25-18 at Rowlett High School, downed Carrollton Newman Smith, 26-24 and 25-14 and topped Denton Braswell, 25-21 and 25-23 at Sachse High School. The Lady Cats got solid serving from Kate Womack. Setter Peyton Hammack delivered quality assists. Net players Sadie Washburn and Brooklyn Burnside had exceptionally good games. Erika VanBenthem and Sydney Washburn also had some good moments at the net. The Lady Cats also got lots of energy from libero Czhela Moya. The Lady Cats season record is now 6-3. The Lady Cats will travel to McKinney North Tuesday for a 5:30 p.m. match.
Home » Headlines » The Lady Cats Drop Champion Game in Challenger Bracket at Garland ISD Volleyball Tourney Saturday
- Fall Welding Class at the Paris Junior College Sulphur Springs Center
- Blood Drive Held at the Paris Junior College Sulphur Springs Campus
- AG: 99-Year Sentence Assessed In Hunt County Human Trafficking Case
- Jettribe Excited to be the Official Clothing & Gear Sponsor of the Water Jet World Grand Prix #1
- A&M-Commerce Undergraduate Electrical Engineering Program Earns Accreditation
- Donald Paul Anderson