The Lady Cats Volleyball Team earned their way into the champion final game in the Challenger Bracket of the Garland ISD Volleyball Tournament Saturday before dropping the last game at Sachse High School. The Challenger Bracket featured third and fourth place teams in pool play on Friday. The Lady Cats, who left Sulphur Springs at 6 a.m. for an 8 a.m. game Saturday, did not seem to have much left in the tank in the afternoon as they lost the champion game to Carrollton Ranchview, 2-0. The score was 12-25 and 18-25. In contrast to the final game, the Lady Cats played three strong Saturday preliminary matches taking 2-0 wins over three opponents. The Lady Cats defeated Richardson Berkner, 25-17 and 25-18 at Rowlett High School, downed Carrollton Newman Smith, 26-24 and 25-14 and topped Denton Braswell, 25-21 and 25-23 at Sachse High School. The Lady Cats got solid serving from Kate Womack. Setter Peyton Hammack delivered quality assists. Net players Sadie Washburn and Brooklyn Burnside had exceptionally good games. Erika VanBenthem and Sydney Washburn also had some good moments at the net. The Lady Cats also got lots of energy from libero Czhela Moya. The Lady Cats season record is now 6-3. The Lady Cats will travel to McKinney North Tuesday for a 5:30 p.m. match.
Home » Headlines » The Lady Cats Drop Champion Game in Challenger Bracket at Garland ISD Volleyball Tourney Saturday
- Wildcats Basketball Team Gets Road Win At Dallas Lincoln, 60-47
- Wildcats Football Coach Greg Owens Dissects 72-44 Win At Crandall On Saturday Coach’s Show
- Lady Cats Volleyball Coach Bailey Dorner Comments On Season That Ended Too Soon
- Nov. 25 COVID-19 Update: 1 Fatality, 7 New Cases, 64 Active Cases
- SBOE Approves Revised Health Education Standards
- Basketball Coach Brittney Tisdell Said Defense Led To Lady Cats’ Home Win Tuesday