Despite looking good in their first set in a road match at McKinney North Tuesday night (August 13), the Lady Cats Volleyball Team had a hard time keeping up with the Lady Bulldogs after that and ended taking a one sided loss. McKinney North won 3-1. Scores were 25-23, 9-25, 12-25 and 14-25. In the first set the Lady Cats jumped out in front 3-0 and never trailed during the set. Perhaps as a harbinger of things to come, the Lady Cats led at one point, 24-18. The Lady Bulldogs then reeled off five straight points to get to within one, 24-23. Then in a real agony of defeat moment, a Lady Bulldog server sent the ball into the net and the Lady Cats led 1-0. In unofficial KSST stats, Sydney Washburn led the way in set one with four kills and a block. Sadie Washburn had three kills. Erika VanBenthem and Brooklyn Burnside both had one kill. Kate Womack and Peyton Hammack each had a service ace. In set two, the Lady Cats got the first point after a Womack serve. The Lady Bulldogs scored the next five points and they proceeded to dominate the next three sets. Anything that could go wrong seemed to go wrong for the Lady Cats as McKinney North showed why they came into the match with a 6-1 record. For the match, Sydney and Sadie Washburn had six kills and one block each. VanBenthem and Burnside had three kills. Womack had a pair of service aces and Hammack had one. The Lady Cats are now 6-4 for the season. The Lady Cats will play next in a Wills Point tournament on Thursday and Saturday.
- At Sulphur Springs Country Club Golf Tourneys Monday, Wildcats Take 1st and Lady Cats are 2nd
- Lady Cats Volleyball and Wildcats Team Tennis Have District matches on Tuesday Game Day
- TxDOT Urges Drivers to ‘End The Streak’ of Daily Deaths on Texas Roads as 20TH Anniversary Approaches
- Winnsboro Police Department Report For Oct. 12-18, 2020
- In Texas, CAFOs Are Regulated by the TCEQ by Mario Villarino
- City, County Recognized For Sharing CARES Funds For Devices For SSISD Students