A report of a suspicious vehicle on South Broadway led a DPS officer as well as county officials to contact the two occupants of the vehicle. During contact, the driver David Lee Welch, age 35, appeared nervous, and consent was given to search the vehicle. During the search, a clear plastic baggie was found, that appeared to contain methamphetamine “ice”. Both the driver and passenger, Heidi Welch, both from Benton Arkansas, were placed into custody and transported to Hopkins County jail. David Lee Welch remains in jail, with his current bond amount of $11,000 and Heidi Welch has a bond set at $10.000.
- Two Former Wildcats Players Have Selected New Basketball Homes
- Wildcats Golfer Kip Childress Completes Day One of Regional Golf Tourney With Score of 78
- Mistrial Declared In Voyeurism, Home Burglary Cases
- Burnett, Snyder Win Top Honors In SkillsUSA Texas Automotive Service Technology Contest
- James D. Shelton
- Miller Grove Cemetery Memorial Day Service