A report of a suspicious vehicle on South Broadway led a DPS officer as well as county officials to contact the two occupants of the vehicle. During contact, the driver David Lee Welch, age 35, appeared nervous, and consent was given to search the vehicle. During the search, a clear plastic baggie was found, that appeared to contain methamphetamine “ice”. Both the driver and passenger, Heidi Welch, both from Benton Arkansas, were placed into custody and transported to Hopkins County jail. David Lee Welch remains in jail, with his current bond amount of $11,000 and Heidi Welch has a bond set at $10.000.
- Wood County Sheriff Report For Aug. 5-11, 2020
- SSISD Trustees Approve 2020-21 General Fund, Debt, Food Service Budgets
- Aug. 13 Hopkins County COVID-19 Update: 7 New Cases, 14 Active Cases
- Joe Dan Van Wey
- Rural Sulphur Springs Man Back In Hopkins County Jail For 2nd Time This Summer
- Brashear Couple Arrested On Criminal Negligence Warrant
Ye Olde KSST Poll
Public Schools in Hopkins County should reopen this fall
- No (39%)
- Yes (34%)
- I have no idea what is best. (16%)
- If they don't.. I want a school tax refund! (11%)
Thanks for voting!