A report of a suspicious vehicle on South Broadway led a DPS officer as well as county officials to contact the two occupants of the vehicle. During contact, the driver David Lee Welch, age 35, appeared nervous, and consent was given to search the vehicle. During the search, a clear plastic baggie was found, that appeared to contain methamphetamine “ice”. Both the driver and passenger, Heidi Welch, both from Benton Arkansas, were placed into custody and transported to Hopkins County jail. David Lee Welch remains in jail, with his current bond amount of $11,000 and Heidi Welch has a bond set at $10.000.
- Annual workshop to assist forest landowners with 2019 tax preparation
- 2019 City Cemetery Historic Tour
- Construction Project, Repairs Discussed By Commissioners Court
- First Baptist Church is Hosting a Free Concert January 23rd.
- Chavarria Files For Place 5 On Sulphur Springs City Council
- Wildcats, Lady Cats Basketball Postponed Friday with Make Up Dates Announced
Ye Olde KSST Poll