A report of a suspicious vehicle on South Broadway led a DPS officer as well as county officials to contact the two occupants of the vehicle. During contact, the driver David Lee Welch, age 35, appeared nervous, and consent was given to search the vehicle. During the search, a clear plastic baggie was found, that appeared to contain methamphetamine “ice”. Both the driver and passenger, Heidi Welch, both from Benton Arkansas, were placed into custody and transported to Hopkins County jail. David Lee Welch remains in jail, with his current bond amount of $11,000 and Heidi Welch has a bond set at $10.000.
- Wildcats Team Tennis Wraps Up District Play With 18-1 Win at Marshall, Playoffs Next
- Hopkins County Oct. 20 COVID-19 Update: 2 Additional Nursing Home Deaths Reported
- Updates Given On SSISD COVID-19 Cases, Enrollment
- At Sulphur Springs Country Club Golf Tourneys Monday, Wildcats Take 1st and Lady Cats are 2nd
- Lady Cats Volleyball and Wildcats Team Tennis Have District matches on Tuesday Game Day
- TxDOT Urges Drivers to ‘End The Streak’ of Daily Deaths on Texas Roads as 20TH Anniversary Approaches