Lezley Brown, CEO of the Hopkins County Chamber of Commerce, facilitated the annual Law Enforcement, Fire and First Responder Appreciation Awards Dinner held on Thursday January 10, 2019 at the Civic Center in Sulphur Springs. “Officer of the Year” and other recognitions were handed out by the various branches. A delicious ribeye steak dinner was provided by local attorney Jim McLeroy and his team of volunteer cooks. After 30 years of showing his support in this way for the trained law, rescue and fire personnel who serve our community, he is passing the privilege to local attorney Heath Hyde who volunteered for the “job”. Chamber of Commerce staff and ambassadors also helped facilitate the evening for about 260 first responders and their guests.
Author: Enola Gay
Has enjoyed working for KSST since 1989. Hosts the Good Morning Show with Enola Gay on weekday mornings from 6-9am, so 'start your day with Enola Gay'! Guest interviews during the Morning Show can also be seen in playback on Cable Channel 18 TV. Along with local country music fan Benny Potter, co-produces 1230 West, a Country and Western Swing radio show which airs weekly on Saturdays from 7-8am and repeats on Thursdays from 7-8pm. Also writes "At the Corral Gate", a column appearing weekly in The Millennium Shopper and in the Lifestyles section of ksstradio.com.
- Dinner Bell Menu For June 26th, 2019
- A Gift From WoodmenLife
- Mr. Bill Walker
- Loyd Cullen Tucker
- Wildcats 7 on 7 Football Season Ends With One Point Loss at State Qualifier Tourney in Rowlett Friday
- Channel 18 News: Monday, June 24, 2019
- PJC Students Make the President’s and Dean’s List
- Hopkins County Hospital District June 24 Agenda
- Criminal Mischief Reported At 3 Local Businesses
- Natali Marie Lawson
Ye Olde KSST Poll
Using old tires for road construction...
- Seems like a great idea! (48%)
- I'm for trying anything! (19%)
- It's been tried before... and it didn't really work. (13%)
- Tires are waste and should not be spread around the county. (10%)
- I'd have some tires I'd like to donate! (10%)
Thanks for voting!