One person is dead and two are injured after a fiery head on collision in Delta County shortly before 8 a.m. Thursday. The accident occurred on Highway 19 North past the twin bridges near the South Sulphur River and the Hopkins Delta County Line. A dump truck was in collision with a car. The deceased has been identified as 61-year old Vivian Yvonne Brewer of Cooper. She was pronounced dead at the scene by Judge Bud Skinner. Husband of the deceased, O.G. Brewer of Cooper, was taken to a Plano hospital by helicopter. He is said to be in critical condition. The truck driver with A.K. Gillis, Vincent Wilcox, was taken by ambulance to Hopkins County Memorial Hospital. The investigating DPS Trooper is Jamie Blount of the Paris Office. The accident closed the highway for about three hours after the accident.
Wildcat Football On KSST
- Emory And Garland Men Killed In Wrong-Way Turnpike Crash
- Hopkins County Historical Commission And Appraisal District Board Members Reappointed
- Photo Exhibit @123 Jefferson
- A Year in Review – Better Living for Texans
- Hopkins-Rains Retired School Personnel December 13, 2022
- County Line Baptist Church of Point: Live Nativity