One person is dead and two are injured after a fiery head on collision in Delta County shortly before 8 a.m. Thursday. The accident occurred on Highway 19 North past the twin bridges near the South Sulphur River and the Hopkins Delta County Line. A dump truck was in collision with a car. The deceased has been identified as 61-year old Vivian Yvonne Brewer of Cooper. She was pronounced dead at the scene by Judge Bud Skinner. Husband of the deceased, O.G. Brewer of Cooper, was taken to a Plano hospital by helicopter. He is said to be in critical condition. The truck driver with A.K. Gillis, Vincent Wilcox, was taken by ambulance to Hopkins County Memorial Hospital. The investigating DPS Trooper is Jamie Blount of the Paris Office. The accident closed the highway for about three hours after the accident.
- City Manager’s Report – March 2, 2021
- Four Arrested On Felony Warrants
- 6 Jailed On Possession Charges
- Wildcats Golfer Kip Childress is Headed to ETBU to Play Golf
- Girls’ Regional Powerlifting and Sulphur Springs Tennis Tournament on Wednesday Game Day
- TEA Releases Updated Guidelines Regarding COVID-19 Operational Restrictions – Including Use Of Masks At Schools