City Manager Marc Maxwell on SB 1158… The Sulphur Springs City Council will meet Tuesday to establish their position on Senate Bill 1158. The senate bill initiated by Hopkins County government and introduced in the Texas Senate by Senator Bob Hall would raise sales tax in all of Hopkins County up to one half percent if approved by county voters. City Manager Marc Maxwell said the city is concerned about becoming the sales tax capital of Texas. The city is currently the hotel motel tax capital according to Maxwell.
- Paris District Road Report for the Week of June 21, 2021
- Reception for Retiring Carolyn McKinney Held Friday at SW Dairy Museum
- Ribbon-Cutting at the new Grays Building on June 18 in Observance of Juneteenth, a New National Holiday
- Tumbleweed Unveils His New One Man Show in Fort Davis
- Tyrik Rollison Joining Coach Owens’ Football Staff at SSHS
- Downtown Business Alliance is Accepting New Members and Planning 2021 Events