City Manager Marc Maxwell on SB 1158… The Sulphur Springs City Council will meet Tuesday to establish their position on Senate Bill 1158. The senate bill initiated by Hopkins County government and introduced in the Texas Senate by Senator Bob Hall would raise sales tax in all of Hopkins County up to one half percent if approved by county voters. City Manager Marc Maxwell said the city is concerned about becoming the sales tax capital of Texas. The city is currently the hotel motel tax capital according to Maxwell.
Wildcat Football On KSST
- Study: Texas Traffic Congestion Rebounded In 2021
- Teen Accused Of Injuring An 11-Year-Old Sibling And Assaulting His Father
- Information From an English Class on the Paris Junior College Sulphur Springs Campus
- Pine Bark Beetles Are Relatively Common Pests That Can Quickly Kill Pine Trees
- The 2022 Holiday Season Will Officially Kickoff Friday For SSISD Fine Arts Students
- Obituary – Willa Ruth Dickey