Smiley face

Utility Financial Assistance Available For Hopkins County Residents

As temperatures rise so do our utility bills. Most customers in Hopkins County either have electric service with Farmers Electric Cooperative or with a Retail Electric Provider (REP) through Oncor. Financial Assistance is available from several outlets regardless of your provider.

Farmers Electric Cooperatvie Customers

For those who use Farmers Electric Cooperative, the company has stated on their website

“At Farmers Electric Cooperative, we understand that unexpected circumstances or expenses may come your way. If you are experiencing financial hardship, we will work with local agencies and charitable organizations that can help you get assistance with payments.

Please notify our office before the termination notice due date listed on your bill to check your eligibility for a payment plan. Our offices are currently closed to public access, but you can use the dropbox located at our drive through windows. Member Care is available by calling 903 455 1715 to help with any issues.”

For help with payment assistance please contact the number below:

Oncor Customers using a Retail Electric Provider (REP)

For those who use a REP such as Reliant, TXU, or Cirro Energy on ONCOR lines. Those customers should contact their repsective REP or can utilize the following information provided below from the Texas Public Utlity Counsel. Not all programs listed below are available for all customers.

Click here for a list of all the retail electric providers in Texas: Alphabetical Directory of Retail Electric Providers

Author: Ethan Klein

Share This Post On