The Hopkins County Commissioners Court will consider adding select holidays for the sale of fireworks in Hopkins county. Currently there are only two periods in which fireworks are legally permitted to be sold, these dates are: June 24th-July 4th, Dec 20th-Jan 1st.
The Commissioners Court has proposed the idea of allowing the sale of fireworks on holidays such as Texas Independence Day, San Jacinto Day, and Memorial Day. These new holidays would allow any firework permitted salesperson to distribute fireworks on these holidays.
Should the proposal be approved the new holidays would go into effect immediately, however these dates can always be superseded by a burn ban when necessary.
If approved, the new holidays that fireworks sales would be available are:
- Texas Independence Day – Feb. 25th-March 2nd
- San Jacinto Day – April 16th-April 21st
- Memorial Day – May 24th-May 29th (for 2023)
- 4th of July – June 24th-July 4th
- Christmas/New Year – Dec. 20th-Jan 1st