By Jennifer Heitman, Senior Market Development, CHRISTUS Mother Frances Hospital – Sulphur Springs, [email protected]
What is Cardiac Rehabilitation?
Sulphur Springs, Texas, August 15, 2022 — Cardiac rehabilitation is a medically supervised program designed to help people with heart problems improve their health and well-being. Cardiac rehabilitation teams may include physicians, nurses, dietitians, physical therapists or respiratory therapists to provide heart-monitored activity/exercise and education on healthy living.
Who may qualify?
You may be a candidate if you have experienced any of the following:
- Recent heart attack
- Angioplasty and/or stent
- Heart bypass | Transplant | Valve surgery
- Stable angina | Chronic heart failure
What To Expect?
What to expect during cardiac rehabilitation:
- Physical Activity: Attend individualized exercise sessions 3 days/week, typically 6-12 weeks in time, designed to improve endurance and strength
- Education: Teaching on risk factor reduction, importance of changes in lifestyle behaviors and learn about your heart condition
- Support: A multidisciplinary team to help guide you
Benefits of Cardiac Rehabilitation
Benefits of Cardiac Rehabilitation may include:
- Strengthening and conditioning of your heart and lungs
- Reduction in your risk of future heart problems
- Improvement in your overall health by reducing your risk factors
- Faster return to work and activities of daily living
- Improvement in your quality of life
- Increase in self-confidence and emotional support
If you think you may qualify, we encourage you to ask your physician for a referral to CHRISTUS Mother Frances – Sulphur Springs’ Cardiac Rehabilitation Program. For more information, call 903.439.414.
Attention Student Athletes
(7th grade to college age)
FREE Saturday Athletic Injury Clinic for student athletes of all ages is back this month! Starting August 20, Saturday sports injury clinic will be held every Saturday from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m., August 20 through November 12.
Student athletes in Hopkins County from 7th grade to college age will be able to get a free exam and x-ray to determine a plan of care to treat their injury. The clinic will be held at our CHRISTUS Trinity Clinic Orthopedics, Medical Building 5, at 103B Medical Circle in Sulphur Springs. For more information about our Sports Medicine program, or Orthopedic services, please call 903.885.6688.
COVID Vaccine Clinic Next Week
Net Health COVID Vaccine clinic is held again next week (August 22- 26) offering Adult and Pediatric vaccines and boosters at the clinic on 100 Medical Circle in Sulphur Springs. You may walk in from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. daily. No appointment is necessary.
CHRISTUS Trinity Mother Frances Health System includes CHRISTUS Mother Frances Hospitals – Tyler, South Tyler, Jacksonville, Winnsboro and Sulphur Springs, the CHRISTUS Trinity Mother Frances Louis and Peaches Owen Heart Hospital – Tyler, CHRISTUS Trinity Mother Frances Rehabilitation Hospital a partner of Encompass Health, Tyler Continue CARE Hospital at CHRISTUS Mother Frances Hospital, a long-term acute care facility, and CHRISTUS Trinity Clinic. CHRISTUS Trinity Clinic is the area’s preferred multi-specialty medical group, with more than 400 Physicians and Advanced Practice Providers representing 36 specialties in 34 locations serving Northeast Texas across 41 counties. For more information on services available through CHRISTUS Trinity Mother Frances Health System, visit christustmf.org
- Bed count – 402 – CHRISTUS Mother Frances Hospital – Tyler
- Bed count – 8 – CHRISTUS Mother Frances Hospital – South Tyler
- Bed count – 25 – CHRISTUS Mother Frances Hospital – Jacksonville
- Bed Count – 96 – CHRISTUS Mother Frances Hospital – Sulphur Springs
- Bed count – 25 – CHRISTUS Mother Frances Hospital – Winnsboro
- Bed count – 94 – CHRISTUS Trinity Mother Frances Rehabilitation Hospital
- Bed count – 96 – CHRISTUS Trinity Mother Frances Louis and Peaches Owen Heart – Tyler
- Bed count – 51 – Tyler Continue CARE Hospital at CHRISTUS Mother Frances Hospital