Each year, Karon Weatherman hosts a Golden Agers Gift Tree at the Sulphur Springs Seniors Center. Each of the individuals who have a tag on the tree are housebound and may have wishes for personal needs at Christmas time. If you would like to “adopt” a Senior Citizen whose name is on the tree, just purchase some of the items needed by that person, which are listed on their Golden Agers tag on the tree. Frequent requests are slippers, robe, bath and personal needs items, games and snack foods. The gifts you select need to be wrapped and brought back to the Senior Citizen Center between December 6th and December 17th. Then, the gifts will be distributed during Christmas week by Seniors Center volunteers. According to Karon, your gift may bless a Senior, but you will reap the biggest blessing as the anonymous giver!
Author: Enola Gay
Has enjoyed working for KSST since 1989. Hosts the Good Morning Show with Enola Gay on weekday mornings from 6-9am, so 'start your day with Enola Gay'! Guest interviews during the Morning Show can also be seen in playback on Cable Channel 18 TV. Along with local country music fan Benny Potter, co-produces 1230 West, a Country and Western Swing radio show which airs weekly on Saturdays from 7-8am and repeats on Thursdays from 7-8pm. Also writes "At the Corral Gate", a column appearing weekly in The Millennium Shopper and in the Lifestyles section of ksstradio.com.
- Public Hearing Notice For North Hopkins ISD’s FIRST Rating
- 2 Suspects In Custody For Friday Morning Armed Robbery At Love’s
- Hopkins County Records- Dec. 3, 2021
- Wildcats Football Head Coach and Athletic Director Greg Owens Retiring
- A&M-Commerce Department Of Counseling Well Represented At National Conference
- Fundraiser, Church Offering, GoFundMe & Bank Accounts Set Up To Benefit Koby Crump Medical Fund