CHRISTUS Mother Frances Hospital – Sulphur Springs has ONE mission: To Extend the Health Ministry of Jesus Christ.
By Holly Ragan, Senior Market Development, CHRISTUS Mother Frances Hospital – Sulphur Springs, [email protected]
Safe Summer Measures
The July heat is here! With temperatures frequenting the triple digits this month, be aware that heat-related injuries are a real threat.
Heat exhaustion and heat stroke result from prolonged exposure to high temperatures, usually in combination with dehydration, which leads to failure of the body’s temperature control system. Common symptoms include nausea, seizures, confusion, disorientation, and sometimes loss of consciousness or coma. Symptoms that do not go away in a reasonable amount of time by going to a cool place, drinking water, or loosening clothing can indicate the onset of serious medical issues like heat exhaustion or heat stroke.
With the rise in temperatures, it is best practice to be prepared and seek medical help immediately when required. Summertime is fun – but the heat-related illness is nothing to joke about!
COVID Vaccine Clinics:
CHRISTUS Mother Frances Hospital – Sulphur Springs will host a COVID Vaccine Clinic every Friday morning from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. in the main lobby of the hospital beginning July 23, 2021 through August 27, 2021. The available vaccine brands will be the Moderna (2-doses) and Johnson & Johnson (1-dose), and are available for ages 18-years and older. Appointments not required.
**Please help us preserve our masks for clinical use, and BRING YOUR OWN MASK**
We are asking that all visitors to the hospital bring their own mask, and continue to wear a mask while present inside the hospital at this time. Thank you for your continued support of the safety of our patients and associates.
Hospital Visitation – *UPDATES
Please note the following guidelines:
- Visitors must acquire masks themselves prior to entering our facility; cloth masks are acceptable. Masks must cover both the nose and the mouth. Visitors must remain masked during their time in the hospital.
- Emergency Department entrance open 24/7
- Main Entrance open 7 a.m. to 2 p.m., Monday – Friday
- Gift Shop open
- Visiting hours are 7 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Types of Visitors:
- COVID receiving aerosol treatments: via tele-visitation only
- COVID not receiving aerosol treatments:
- 1 Essential support person at a time and 1 visitor
- Essential support person will be given a visible wrist band
- ICU/ER: 1 essential support person only
- All other patients may have 1 essential support person at a time and 1 visitor
- Types of Visitors:
We are needing volunteers to help in various different roles throughout our hospital. We are asking, if you are willing to give your time, so that together we can bring a smile to someone in our hospital! For more information, contact Meredith Caddell at 903.438.4678.
We love our patients, and it shows!
CHRISTUS Mother Frances Hospital Sulphur Springs strives to make sure every patient and their family feel like they are important and receiving the highest quality of care. This success is reflected in our Patient Experience Scores.
Every patient will receive a survey following their encounter in our hospital or clinics. Please take the time to let us know how we are doing, and how we might better serve you. We appreciate your feedback!
CHRISTUS Trinity Mother Frances Health System includes CHRISTUS Mother Frances Hospitals – Tyler, South Tyler, Jacksonville, Winnsboro and Sulphur Springs, the CHRISTUS Trinity Mother Frances Louis and Peaches Owen Heart Hospital – Tyler, CHRISTUS Trinity Mother Frances Rehabilitation Hospital a partner of Encompass Health, Tyler Continue CARE Hospital at CHRISTUS Mother Frances Hospital, a long-term acute care facility, and CHRISTUS Trinity Clinic. CHRISTUS Trinity Clinic is the area’s preferred multi-specialty medical group, with more than 400 Physicians and Advanced Practice Providers representing 36 specialties in 34 locations serving Northeast Texas across 41 counties. For more information on services available through CHRISTUS Trinity Mother Frances Health System, visit christustmf.org
- Bed count – 402 – CHRISTUS Mother Frances Hospital – Tyler
- Bed count – 8 – CHRISTUS Mother Frances Hospital – South Tyler
- Bed count – 25 – CHRISTUS Mother Frances Hospital – Jacksonville
- Bed Count – 96 – CHRISTUS Mother Frances Hospital – Sulphur Springs
- Bed count – 25 – CHRISTUS Mother Frances Hospital – Winnsboro
- Bed count – 94 – CHRISTUS Trinity Mother Frances Rehabilitation Hospital
- Bed count – 96 – CHRISTUS Trinity Mother Frances Louis and Peaches Owen Heart – Tyler
- Bed count – 51 – Tyler Continue CARE Hospital at CHRISTUS Mother Frances Hospital