With the weather still frigid and conditions in places still slick with ice schools and organizations have begun reporting delayed starts, cancellations and closings. At present, Yantis ISD is planning to hold school Friday with a normal start time, but will be out early checking road conditions as a precaution. Officials have asked those who are able to remain home until conditions improve. Below are organizations and schools that have reported some of those anticipated Feb. 11-12 schedule changes reported to KSST Thursday afternoon or later:
- The Free COVID-19 Testing Center in Sulphur Springs (128-A Jefferson Street) will be closed through Monday due to the winter weather conditions. Officials will reevaluate the situation Monday morning to determine whether the site will reopen or remain closed based on inclement weather conditions at that time.
- Cumby ISD will be closed Friday, February 12, due to current and forecasted weather conditions, and due to below freezing temperatures, Monday is a (cancelled due to weather) Staff Development Day, so CISD will see students and staff back on Tuesday, February 16, weather permitting. April 2 and April 26 are on our school calendar as Bad Weather Days. Due to the closures Thursday and Friday, students will attend school on April 2 and April 26. For further updates, check the Cumby ISD Facebook page and website, and expect an all-call from the district, according to Superintendent Shelly Slaughter.
- Como-Pickton CISD will be closed through Monday for winter break.
- North Hopkins ISD will be closed Friday, Feb. 12, due to unsafe road conditions, the superintendent reported at 7:35 a.m. Friday.
- Cumby Junior High Boys Basketball scheduled in Boles Thursday night has been cancelled.
- Saltillo ISD Basketball games vs Yantis scheduled Thursday night have been cancelled and will be rescheduled.
- Como-Pickton Baseball scrimmage scheduled Friday, Feb. 12 ha
- s been canceled. The CP Junior High Basketball game vs. Alba-Golden scheduled Feb. 11 has been cancelled.
- Miller Grove School is planning for a two-hour delayed start on Friday. School will start at 10 a.m. Feb. 12.
- Sulphur Springs ISD is planning for a two-hour delayed start on Friday. School will start at 10 a.m. Feb 12. Buses will run 2 hours later than normal.
- Little Texans Learning Center will open at 9 a.m. Feb. 12.
- Meal A Day will be running late Feb. 12. Cooks will arrive at 10:30 a.m. to begin cooking and meals should be ready for home delivery by 12 p.m.
- All Hopkins County buildings will open 2 hours later on Friday, Feb. 12, with the exception of emergency personnel, who will continue operations.
- Saltillo ISD will have a late start Friday. Classes will begin at 10 a.m. Buses will run at 9 a.m. Feb. 12.
- Cumby High School Boys Basketball game in Cumby scheduled for tomorrow night has been reschedule for Saturday at 1 p.m., weather permitting.
If your school or organization is cancelling, delaying or has a scheduling change due to the weather, contact KSST so we can help get the word out.