It turned out to be a very good Saturday (January 23) for Wildcats Soccer Coach Alexi Upton. He woke up not knowing if his team would get into the championship game at the Terrell Tiger Winter Classic. Things broke the Wildcats way Saturday afternoon and they earned the right to play host Terrell in the Saturday evening final game. The Wildcats responded with a solid 3-0 win to earn the trophy. Omar Hernandez scored the first two Wildcats’ goals. The first was unassisted and the second was assisted by Uriel Santacruz. Alex Yanez had the third Wildcats’ goal assisted by Hernandez. Coach Upton said the Wildcats played amazingly. He said Hernandez had an amazing game. He added that every player that came in did great. Coach Upton said the Wildcats scored and celebrated. He noted he even subbed in his back up goalkeeper with about 7 minutes left to play and the keeper made a save on a penalty kick. The Wildcats won three and lost one in the tournament and their season record is now 8-4-1. The Wildcats play next against Pleasant Grove Tuesday night at Gerald Prim Stadium.
Home » Headlines » Wildcats Soccer Team Defeats Host School in Final Game to Win Terrell Tournament Saturday
- Wildcats Baseball Team Goes 1-3 in Wylie East Tournament After Saturday Loss to Plano West
- Lady Cats Soccer Team Completes Three Win Week With 9-0 Win Over Marshall Saturday
- Wildcats Soccer Team Earns Big District Win on the Road 6-0 at Marshall Saturday
- Lady Cats Softball Wraps Up Successful Canton Tournament With Win over Canton on Saturday
- Airplanes & Coffee At Sulphur Springs Municipal Airport
- Dorothy Elizabeth (Bruton) Davis