Perhaps the Lady Cats Soccer Team won one for their coach Saturday (January 23) at the Terrell Winter Classic. Lady Cats Coach Javier Aguayo could not attend the tournament Friday or Saturday due to illness. First Saturday the Lady Cats won their group with a 9-3 win over Life Waxahachie. Then they were declared Champion of the Tournament when other possible opponents in the tournament final game were not able to play. In an offensive explosion against Life Waxahachie, Lady Cats sophomore Rebekah Stanley had a three goal hat trick and also assisted on three other goals. Freshman Anna Willams scored two goals and had an assist on another. Freshman Haylee Shultz also scored two goals and assisted on another. Sophomore Emily Soto and freshman Kylie Clarke also scored goals for the Lady Cats. The Lady Cats ended up with two wins and a tie in the three-day tournament. They improved their season record to 5-4-3. The Lady Cats play next on Monday evening at 6:30 p.m. against Spring Hill at Gerald Prim Stadium.
Home » Headlines » Lady Cats Soccer Team Defeats Life Waxahachie and Wins Terrell Tournament on Saturday
- Paris District Road Report for the Week of June 21, 2021
- Reception for Retiring Carolyn McKinney Held Friday at SW Dairy Museum
- Ribbon-Cutting at the new Grays Building on June 18 in Observance of Juneteenth, a New National Holiday
- Tumbleweed Unveils His New One Man Show in Fort Davis
- Tyrik Rollison Joining Coach Owens’ Football Staff at SSHS
- Downtown Business Alliance is Accepting New Members and Planning 2021 Events