Perhaps the Lady Cats Soccer Team won one for their coach Saturday (January 23) at the Terrell Winter Classic. Lady Cats Coach Javier Aguayo could not attend the tournament Friday or Saturday due to illness. First Saturday the Lady Cats won their group with a 9-3 win over Life Waxahachie. Then they were declared Champion of the Tournament when other possible opponents in the tournament final game were not able to play. In an offensive explosion against Life Waxahachie, Lady Cats sophomore Rebekah Stanley had a three goal hat trick and also assisted on three other goals. Freshman Anna Willams scored two goals and had an assist on another. Freshman Haylee Shultz also scored two goals and assisted on another. Sophomore Emily Soto and freshman Kylie Clarke also scored goals for the Lady Cats. The Lady Cats ended up with two wins and a tie in the three-day tournament. They improved their season record to 5-4-3. The Lady Cats play next on Monday evening at 6:30 p.m. against Spring Hill at Gerald Prim Stadium.
Home » Headlines » Lady Cats Soccer Team Defeats Life Waxahachie and Wins Terrell Tournament on Saturday
- A&M-Commerce Undergraduate Electrical Engineering Program Earns Accreditation
- Donald Paul Anderson
- 3 Additional Hopkins County Residents Confirmed To Have Died From COVID
- TWC: Program Offers Free Child Care To Assist Parents Employed In Service Industry
- The Hopkins County Community Toiletry Drive A Success
- Traffic Stop Results In Foot Pursuit, Controlled Substance Arrest