The sport of powerlifting is becoming more popular with females at Sulphur Springs High School. Two years ago, a freshman named Addy Lamb became the very first Lady Cat powerlifter as she competed at the season opening Sulphur Springs Meet Lamb, now a junior, still competes in the sport. By the second meet in 2019 at Emory Rains, a second Lady Cat, Sable Erdmier, then a junior, competed. Last season joining Lamb and Erdmier, was a third Lady Cat lifter, Rori Young, then a junior. In 2020, Erdmier distinguished herself by becoming the first Lady Cat to qualify for the State Girls Meet at the Regional competition. Unfortunately that State Meet was canceled due to coronavirus. Erdmier graduated last year. This season, four more Lady Cats lifters joined Lamb and Young at last week’s Sulphur Springs dual meet with Mount Pleasant The four new lifters are Ta’Laila Shavers, Markida Hood, Reese Offutt and Machelle Alen. The Lady Cats compete Thursday afternoon (January 28) in a meet just for girls lifters as they travel to Paris. The Wildcats will compete in a Paris Powerlifting Meet on Saturday.
- Meal A Day Menu For Sept. 27-Oct. 1, 2021
- Hospital District Board To Consider Setting FY 2021-22 Tax Rate, Budget On Sept. 28
- Paris District Road Report for the Week of September 27, 2021
- Sixth Hopkins County COVID Fatality Reported For September
- Wildcats Football Struggles Against Top-10 Ennis Lions
- Hopkins County Records – Sept. 24, 2021