Today, December 1, is the second and final day of the annual Blue Santa Toy Drive in Hopkins County. Parents of local children ages 0-16 who are on the Blue Santa list will receive toys for Christmas during Blue Santa distribution in mid-December. Hopkins County always has a big heart for Blue Santa…last year over 4,000 toys were distributed to the families signed up on the program. This generous help from the community makes Christmas brighter for them. 2020 has been an especially tough year financially for many local families. Can you help? New toys for newborns through teens are needed, as well as monetary donations. Drive through today and drop off something. Local law enforcement personnel will accept your gifts and donations at your car window on the Wal-Mart parking lot. A Merry Christmas to all from Blue Santa!
Author: Enola Gay
Has enjoyed working for KSST since 1989. Hosts the Good Morning Show with Enola Gay on weekday mornings from 6-9am, so 'start your day with Enola Gay'! Guest interviews during the Morning Show can also be seen in playback on Cable Channel 18 TV. Along with local country music fan Benny Potter, co-produces 1230 West, a Country and Western Swing radio show which airs weekly on Saturdays from 7-8am and repeats on Thursdays from 7-8pm. Also writes "At the Corral Gate", a column appearing weekly in The Millennium Shopper and in the Lifestyles section of ksstradio.com.
- CASA, Commissioners Court Encourage Community To Help Spread Awareness, Take Action To Help Prevent Child Abuse
- Lady Cats Softball Wins Tenth Straight, Beating Texas High 10-1
- SSISD Trustees Approve 10 Personnel Items
- Dermatology, Urology Among Medical Specialty Needs Offered In Sulphur Springs
- Winnsboro Police Department Media Report April 5-11, 2021
- Public Notice: Child Find Process Helps SSISD Identify, Locate, Evaluate Students Birth-21 Years In Need of Special Education, Relate Services