The Wildcats Basketball Team hosted Sherman Monday afternoon and the two teams exchanged the lead throughout the game but the Bearcats made more plays down the stretch to come away with a 62-59 win in the Main Gym at Sulphur Springs High School. Sherman outscored the Wildcats 18-15 in the fourth quarter to get the win. The Bearcats had four players in double figures in scoring led by sophomore Vontrelle Sanders who led all scorers with 16 points. Wildcats senior point guard Lamodrick Johnson led the Wildcats with 15 points. Senior guard Boo Wilkerson and sophomore post Kordrick Turner both scored 11 points for the Wildcats. Senior guard Malique Cole and junior forward Justin Haire both scored 7 points. It was Haire’s first game back from an injury. Caleb Alexander hit two three-point baskets for 6 points. Junior Cason Arrington has 2 points. The two teams were tied after one quarter, 14-14. Sherman led by three at halftime, 32-29. The two teams were tied again at 44-44 after three quarters. Sherman improved their season record to 2-1. The Wildcats slip to 1-3. The Wildcats play Wednesday at 4 p.m. against Dallas Lincoln at PC Cobb Center in Dallas.
- 13 Jailed In Hopkins County On Controlled Substance, Marijuana and Related Charges July 15-24, 2021
- Michigan Woman Caught with Stolen Weapon
- Paris District Road Report for the Week of July 26, 2021
- Local Students Kick Their Way to Championships!
- COVID Vaccine Clinics, Blood Drive Hosted At CHRISTUS’ Sulphur Springs facilities
- Although A Petition For Temporary Restraining Order, Injunction Denied, Lawsuit To Prevent Construction of Dike Solar Farm Ongoing