Wildcats Team Tennis tuned up for the playoffs with a workmanlike 18-1 district win over an undermanned Marshall team on the road Tuesday (October 20). Reportedly the Mavericks had only three boys and three girls available to play. The victory improved the Wildcats to 3-3 in district play and 4-3 for the season. Next for the Wildcats will be a bi-district match against the District 16-5A champion. The Wildcats will face the winner of a Tyler and Whitehouse match played Tuesday evening. Both teams come in undefeated in district play. The bi-district match is expected to be played next Tuesday, October 27 at a site and time to be determined. Last season, the Wildcats lost to Whitehouse in a bi-district match that was played on indoor courts at Texas High due to rainy weather. Early weather reports for next week call for much colder weather.
- Update on Film ‘From Ashes, We Rise’
- Hopkins County Inmate Accused Of Assaulting Jailer With A Pen
- The Science of Guinness World Records Exhibit Invites Guests to ‘Be Their Best’
- Fun, Educational Interpretive Programs Offered at Cooper Lake State Park This Summer!
- County Refunding Bonds At Higher Rate Than Anticipated, But Still Expected To Save $522,086
- Winnsboro Police Department Media Report – June 7-13, 2021