Wildcats Team Tennis is expected to have their hands full with bi-district opponent Whitehouse next week plus there is the weather to worry about. Wildcats Tennis Coach Tony Martinez says plans call for the two teams to play their match Tuesday at 9 a.m. at Van. He adds there is a 60% chance of rain Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. Coach Martinez says plan B calls for playing Wednesday at 9 a.m. at indoor courts at Texas High. Whitehouse is the district champ in District 16-5A and they went through district unbeaten. The Wildcats are the #4 seed in their District 15-5A. Coach Martinez says Whitehouse is a strong team. He says Coach Shelby May has done an excellent job. The Wildcats have played Whitehouse twice the past two seasons losing 14-5 at Whitehouse in August early last season and 10-0 in a bid-district match in October 2018. Coach Martinez says his team’s goal is to win more matches than they captured last year. He’s hoping his strong girls players can be successful. Coach Martinez says they have been in just about every match they have played this season including matches against district powerhouses Texas High and Longview. He says he is elevating the team of MyKylie Meador and Trynity Luckett to #1 girls doubles. Paige Miesse and Harleigh Stegient will play #2 girls doubles. Coach Martinez says Emily Dick and Savannah Lilley have also been good at #3 girls doubles. Over a long coaching career, Coach Martinez says anything can happen in tennis including grade issues or illness. He says he wants his team to play the best they can and be competitive. His team has only one senior this year (Stegient) and Coach Martinez says the playoff experience will be beneficial for his young team. He says the experience should cut down on nerves in the future and he says his young team appears to be gaining confidence.
Home » App » Weather May Be Obstacle as Wildcats Team Tennis Prepares to Play Whitehouse in Bi-District Tuesday
- Shorthanded Lady Cats Soccer Team Comes Out on Short End of 3-1 Game Against Longview Saturday at The Prim
- Wildcats Soccer Team Edged Out by Longview, 1-0 on the Road Saturday
- Wildcats Baseball Team Drops Their Final Two Games at Rose City Classic Saturday
- Lady Cats Softball Team Takes Two Games on Final Day of Allen Tournament on Rainy Saturday
- Saltillo Lions Basketball Falls to Slidell In Quarterfinal
- Deputies Arrested Three People On Possession Charges Following Traffic Stops