The Lady Cats Basketball Team will have their first official practice on Thursday (October 22). They will doing so without third year Lady Cats Head Basketball Coach Brittney Tisdell who is on maternity leave. Coach Tisdell gave birth to a baby girl to go along with with her young son. She is expected to return to the gym next Wednesday. At the start, Lady Cats Assistant Coach Bryan Jones will be running practices with the help of new Lady Cats Assistant Coach Timothy Aguillon. Coach Jones says he is more than ready for the first official practice to get underway. He says returning for the Lady Cats will be their point guard from last season, sophomore Kenzie Willis. Coach Jones says Willis is not playing volleyball this season to concentrate on basketball. Also returning is senior Delanee Myles, who played several varsity games last season and who was on the playoff roster. Three Lady Cats’ players are currently involved in varsity volleyball: Addisyn Wall, Nylah Lindley and Bre-Asia Ivery. Coach Jones says there are also some members of last year’s JV team. Coach Jones says there is a good opportunity for some youngsters to make the varsity squad. He says they don’t just want a varsity jersey but rather they want to be a part of the team and help make a difference. The Thursday practice will be an opportunity for older players to get together than some freshmen players. Practice is expected to include some team bonding with pizza according to Coach Jones.
- Wildcats Basketball Team Gets Road Win At Dallas Lincoln, 60-47
- Wildcats Football Coach Greg Owens Dissects 72-44 Win At Crandall On Saturday Coach’s Show
- Lady Cats Volleyball Coach Bailey Dorner Comments On Season That Ended Too Soon
- Nov. 25 COVID-19 Update: 1 Fatality, 7 New Cases, 64 Active Cases
- SBOE Approves Revised Health Education Standards
- Basketball Coach Brittney Tisdell Said Defense Led To Lady Cats’ Home Win Tuesday