Wildcats Defensive Coordinator Alex Guerra said he was pleased with the defense during last Thursday night’s scrimmage against Mount Pleasant at Prim Stadium. He said a lot of young players got some good looks at what varsity football is all about. He said there were a couple of defense breakdowns, which he said was understandable. Coach Guerra said the defense played hard. Mount Pleasant scored on a long run after an option play pitch. The Wildcats don’t see a lot of option football. Coach Guerra said the touchdown was his fault because he had the Wildcats in a bad defense for that play. He noted that the referees were also working on get ready for the season and he added there were a couple of pass interference calls he just did not see on game tapes. The Wildcats got an interception and had another one negated by one of the pass interference calls. He liked the play of the secondary right before the end of the second quarter. Concerning Frisco Wakeland’s offense, Coach Guerra said they are disciplined and will take what you give them. He said they run counter plays and like to take shots with long passes down the field. Coach Guerra said the Wolverines had some tall receivers and he said the Wakeland quarterback did a good job throwing fade passes. He said he was also impressed with two of the Wakeland offensive tackles. He said the Wolverines were well coached. Coach Guerra said he was also impressed by the running of back Jared White during Wakeland’s scrimmage against Marshall last Friday. Coach Guerra has been working the Wildcats defense hard this week. He said the Wildcats defense struggled in three areas in the scrimmage against Mount Pleasant and he said all three were areas in which Frisco Wakeland does well.
Home » Headlines » Wildcats Defensive Coordinator Alex Guerra Weighs in on Scrimmage and Frisco Wakeland Offense
- Oct. 27 COVID-19 Update: 18 New Cases, 199 Active Cases
- Wildcats Team Tennis Season Ends With Bi-District Loss At End Of A Very Long Day
- Lady Cats Win Seventh Straight, Dominating District Foe 3-0
- Lady Cats Cross Country Wins First Ever District Championship and Wildcats Are 4th at Mount Pleasant Monday
- Now is a Perfect Time to Add a New Tree or a Grouping of Shrubs to the Landscape by Mario Villarino
- Tree Webs Not Just for Halloween From Hopkins County Master Gardeners October 26, 2020