The Lady Cats Cross Country Team finished 3rd and the Wildcats were around 12th or 13th at the teams’ first meet of the season at the XC Invitational in Hallsville Friday. The teams competed in heats. When results of the heats were combined, the Lady Cats trailed only Jacksonville and Lufkin. The Lady Cats were second in their heat. Lady Cats freshman Hailey Schultz was the team’s top finisher ending up second in the heat. Laney Hurst was next with a sixth place finish in the heat. Then came Kenia Herrera, sophomore Rebekah Stanley, sophomore Emily Soto, Maurie Flecker and Makayla Jimmerson. Considering that one top girls’ runner did not compete, Sulphur Springs Cross Country Coach Ross Hicks said he was very encouraged. For the Wildcats, a top runner Camden Fuller started the race but could not finish. Top Wildcats finishers were junior Evan Patrick, Alex Flecker, Alex Diasdado, Johnathan Scott and Hector Hernandez. The Wildcats were 5th in their heat and either 12th or 13th overall, according to Coach Hicks. The Wildcats and Lady Cats compete next at the Pine Tree Puddle Jump at Lear Park in Longview on Friday.
Home » Headlines » Lady Cats Cross Country Finishes 3rd, Wildcats 12th or 13th at First Meet of the Season at Hallsville Last Friday
- 2 Sulphur Springs Men Arrested For Aggravated Robbery
- Paris District Road Report for the Week of September 28, 2020
- Wildcats Football Team Opens 2020 Season With Road Loss Against Frisco Wakeland, 38-10
- Lady Cats Volleyball Team Gets Swept 3-0 At Princeton Friday Night
- Hopkins County Sept. 25 COVID-19 Update: 3 New Cases, 51 Positive Antigen Tests, 92 Active Cases
- Wildcats Season Opener Live Streaming Now On The KSST Radio 1230 AM YouTube Channel