The Lady Cats Cross Country Team finished 3rd and the Wildcats were around 12th or 13th at the teams’ first meet of the season at the XC Invitational in Hallsville Friday. The teams competed in heats. When results of the heats were combined, the Lady Cats trailed only Jacksonville and Lufkin. The Lady Cats were second in their heat. Lady Cats freshman Hailey Schultz was the team’s top finisher ending up second in the heat. Laney Hurst was next with a sixth place finish in the heat. Then came Kenia Herrera, sophomore Rebekah Stanley, sophomore Emily Soto, Maurie Flecker and Makayla Jimmerson. Considering that one top girls’ runner did not compete, Sulphur Springs Cross Country Coach Ross Hicks said he was very encouraged. For the Wildcats, a top runner Camden Fuller started the race but could not finish. Top Wildcats finishers were junior Evan Patrick, Alex Flecker, Alex Diasdado, Johnathan Scott and Hector Hernandez. The Wildcats were 5th in their heat and either 12th or 13th overall, according to Coach Hicks. The Wildcats and Lady Cats compete next at the Pine Tree Puddle Jump at Lear Park in Longview on Friday.
Home » Headlines » Lady Cats Cross Country Finishes 3rd, Wildcats 12th or 13th at First Meet of the Season at Hallsville Last Friday
- Thirteen Men Arrested On Felony Warrants Over Past Week By Local Authorities
- 2021 New Landowner Program Series: Pond Management
- Final Public Hearings For Budget, Tax Rate, Master Fee Schedule To Be Held At 7:30 p.m. City Council Meeting
- Student Activity at the Paris Junior College Sulphur Springs Center
- Judy Mills
- Lady Cats Volleyball in Longview For Fourth District Match On Gameday Tuesday