The Lady Cats Volleyball Team continues with skills, conditioning and strength work preparing for this season. Their first official practice will be on Labor Day, September 7. Lady Cats Volleyball Coach Bailey Dorner has scheduled some scrimmage matches on September 12, The Lady Cats open the regular season on the road at Greenville on September 15. Coach Dorner says she has some key players returning who played club volleyball last spring before the pandemic interruption. She says senior Sadie Washburn is one of those. Washburn will be one of only five seniors this year. Some of them will be new to the varsity. Coach Dorner says junior Brooklyn Burnside has been a beast this summer and she too played club ball last spring. Junior setter Peyton Hammack also is a club ball player. Coach Dorner says she also expects some contributions this year from several members of a talented freshman team last season. Coach Dorner is looking forward to this season but she also has fond memories of last year’s Lady Cats’ team, her first as head coach. She says they had bumps and bruises along the way last year, especially in some tournament game losses. But she says at the end, during the playoffs, her team was playing perhaps their best volleyball of the season. The Lady Cats shocked a highly favored Hallsville team in bi-district and then played toe to toe with a talented Forney team in a close Area round loss.
Home » Headlines » With Some Key Players Returning, Lady Cats Volleyball Team is Expected to Feature Mix of Experience and Youth
- Ribbon-Cutting at the new Grays Building on June 18 in Observance of Juneteenth, a New National Holiday
- Tumbleweed Unveils His New One Man Show in Fort Davis
- Tyrik Rollison Joining Coach Owens’ Football Staff at SSHS
- Downtown Business Alliance is Accepting New Members and Planning 2021 Events
- Jury Panel Summoned to Appear Monday Has Been Cancelled
- SSISD Eligible To Apply For $11.5 Million In Federal ESSER Grant Funding