The Wildcats Team Tennis squad first got together when The Edge conditioning, strength and skills sessions began back on June 8. You might think the team would be tired of playing each other over all these weeks, but they aren’t and Wildcats Tennis Coach Tony Martinez explains why. The veteran coach says when The Edge began he did not have the players competing against each other. Instead he kept them busy with drills. Just a couple of weeks ago, Coach Martinez finally had them begin to play each other head to head. He says the players were eager for the competition and he says they ate it up. Coach Martinez says this week and next week will be a time to determine seeding for his players based on head to head competition. Boys and girls will be seeded #1 through #6 and there will be doubles teams seeding #1 through #3. Then the Wildcats will be set for their first match. The Wildcats have their season opening match against Mount Pleasant at home on September 8 at 4 p.m. and it’s an important district match.
Home » Headlines » Veteran Wildcats Team Tennis Coach Has Kept Players Fresh by Delaying Intrasquad Competition
- Ribbon-Cutting at the new Grays Building on June 18 in Observance of Juneteenth, a New National Holiday
- Tumbleweed Unveils His New One Man Show in Fort Davis
- Tyrik Rollison Joining Coach Owens’ Football Staff at SSHS
- Downtown Business Alliance is Accepting New Members and Planning 2021 Events
- Jury Panel Summoned to Appear Monday Has Been Cancelled
- SSISD Eligible To Apply For $11.5 Million In Federal ESSER Grant Funding