The Wildcats Team Tennis squad first got together when The Edge conditioning, strength and skills sessions began back on June 8. You might think the team would be tired of playing each other over all these weeks, but they aren’t and Wildcats Tennis Coach Tony Martinez explains why. The veteran coach says when The Edge began he did not have the players competing against each other. Instead he kept them busy with drills. Just a couple of weeks ago, Coach Martinez finally had them begin to play each other head to head. He says the players were eager for the competition and he says they ate it up. Coach Martinez says this week and next week will be a time to determine seeding for his players based on head to head competition. Boys and girls will be seeded #1 through #6 and there will be doubles teams seeding #1 through #3. Then the Wildcats will be set for their first match. The Wildcats have their season opening match against Mount Pleasant at home on September 8 at 4 p.m. and it’s an important district match.
Home » Headlines » Veteran Wildcats Team Tennis Coach Has Kept Players Fresh by Delaying Intrasquad Competition
- Hopkins County Commissioners Court Sept. 27, 2021, Regular Meeting Agenda
- Meal A Day Menu For Sept. 27-Oct. 1, 2021
- Hospital District Board To Consider Setting FY 2021-22 Tax Rate, Budget On Sept. 28
- Paris District Road Report for the Week of September 27, 2021
- Sixth Hopkins County COVID Fatality Reported For September
- Wildcats Football Struggles Against Top-10 Ennis Lions