The Wildcats Team Tennis squad first got together when The Edge conditioning, strength and skills sessions began back on June 8. You might think the team would be tired of playing each other over all these weeks, but they aren’t and Wildcats Tennis Coach Tony Martinez explains why. The veteran coach says when The Edge began he did not have the players competing against each other. Instead he kept them busy with drills. Just a couple of weeks ago, Coach Martinez finally had them begin to play each other head to head. He says the players were eager for the competition and he says they ate it up. Coach Martinez says this week and next week will be a time to determine seeding for his players based on head to head competition. Boys and girls will be seeded #1 through #6 and there will be doubles teams seeding #1 through #3. Then the Wildcats will be set for their first match. The Wildcats have their season opening match against Mount Pleasant at home on September 8 at 4 p.m. and it’s an important district match.
Home » Headlines » Veteran Wildcats Team Tennis Coach Has Kept Players Fresh by Delaying Intrasquad Competition
- Football Coach Greg Owens Discusses Wakeland Loss On Saturday Morning Coach’s Show
- Tough Weekend For Lady Cats Volleyball As They Drop Three Matches With District Play Beginning Tuesday
- Lady Cats Cross Country Is 2nd At LeTourneau Meet Saturday, Wildcats Finish 5th
- 4 Arkansas Men Arrested On Controlled Substance, Marijuana Charges Following High Speed Chase
- Early Voting Location Change, Election Grant Approved By Commissioners Court
- Pumpkin Patch at Central Baptist Church