The Senior Citizens Center may be temporarily closed along with Sulphur Springs Public Library and city lobbies due to COVID-19, but the dedicated Meal A Day volunteers continue to work five days a week preparing and delivering meals to shut-ins in the community.
The Meal A Day Menu for April 13-17, 2020 includes:
- Monday — Beef Spaghetti, English Peas, Garlic Bread
- Tuesday — Sweet and Sour Chicken, Rice, Egg Roll, Oriental Vegetables
- Wednesday — Taco Soup, Cheese Cubes and Crackers
- Thursday — Chicken Fried Chicken, Mashed Potatoes and Pepper Gravy, Green Beans and a Roll
- Friday — Cheese Burgers, Chips, Lettuce, Tomato, Onion, Pickle Spear and Baked Beans
The Sulphur Springs Senior Citizens Center is a place where Senior Citizens age 50 and over can have a good time with old friends and make some new ones. Meal-A-Day is just one service the center provides. The coffee pot is always on and a smile is on each face. The SCC has a full library with all different kinds of reading books that can be taken, read and returned. Take as many as you like and bring some of your books in to share with others. Click here to find more information for seniors citizens.