Wildcats Soccer Coach Alexi Upton is hoping his team wins their way to the Regional Tournament this season. Perhaps he got a chance to measure where his team is right now as they played a talented Lovejoy team to a 1-1 tie at Gerald Prim Stadium Friday night (January 31). Lovejoy was preseason ranked #4 in the Region in Class 5A by TASCO, the Texas Association of Soccer Coaches Organization. Having seen them up close, Coach Upton said Lovejoy is really good and athletic. He said they are even more talented this year than they were last year. Lovejoy scored early but the Wildcats finally answered that goal with one of their own with about 8:00 minutes left to play. Coach Upton said the Lovejoy goal was unusual. He said a weird deflection came to a Leopard player who put a shot through a lot of people and into the net. Coach Upton said the Wildcats played really good defense all night. On the Wildcats goal, he said a ball was played into the box, chaos ensued and Alejandro Diosdado tapped the ball into the net. Before entering district play, the Wildcats have one more non-district game. They play at Nevada Community Friday night. The Braves were preseason ranked as the #5 team in the Region in Class 4A, according to a TASCO poll.
Home » Headlines » Wildcats Soccer Coach is Pleased With What He Saw in Wildcats 1-1 Tie With Good Lovejoy Team
- Paris District Road Report for the Week of June 21, 2021
- Reception for Retiring Carolyn McKinney Held Friday at SW Dairy Museum
- Ribbon-Cutting at the new Grays Building on June 18 in Observance of Juneteenth, a New National Holiday
- Tumbleweed Unveils His New One Man Show in Fort Davis
- Tyrik Rollison Joining Coach Owens’ Football Staff at SSHS
- Downtown Business Alliance is Accepting New Members and Planning 2021 Events