Wildcats Soccer Coach Alexi Upton wanted the Wildcats to have a statement game win over Greenville in Greenville in both team’s district opener Tuesday February 11) . However as someone noted in a different sport, Mother Nature always bats last. The rainy, wet, windy and cold weather turned the game into a sloppy one. The Wildcats managed to grind out a 2-1 win. Coach Upton said because of the weather, both Wildcats’ goals were sloppy and ugly. Still he was happy with a win. The Wildcats also played good defense in the win. Coach Upton has been pointing toward the Wildcats home match against perennial powerhouse Mount Pleasant next Tuesday but Coach Upton does not want his team to overlook Lindale Friday on the road. He said the Eagles have an over .500 record about like the Wildcats and he added they have two very good returning forwards who are threats. The weather is expected to be much improved in Lindale Friday.
- Hospital District Board To Consider Setting FY 2021-22 Tax Rate, Budget On Sept. 28
- Paris District Road Report for the Week of September 27, 2021
- Sixth Hopkins County COVID Fatality Reported For September
- Wildcats Football Struggles Against Top-10 Ennis Lions
- Hopkins County Records – Sept. 24, 2021
- I-30 Traffic Stop Results In Discovery Of Pipe And Methamphetamine, Arrest