Wildcats Soccer Coach Alexi Upton is very excited about his Wildcats team on the eve of the beginning of district play. Saturday (February 8) Coach Upton was on KSST Radio and Cable Channel 18’s Saturday Morning Coaches Show. On Friday night, the Wildcats won 3-1 at Nevada Community, a team preseason ranked #5 in Region II in Class 4A. Coach Upton said the Braves were a good team but he did say they have had a few injuries lately. He said the Wildcats were able to capitalize and get a win over a good team. Coach Upton was thrilled by a goal by senior Christian Ramirez. He said Ramirez has grown and matured as a soccer player and as a person over the past four years in high school. Coach Upton is also impressed with forward Omar Hernandez who had two goals Friday. He called Hernandez a fast, athletic player. Coach Upton also likes a player he calls the assist king, Kevin Yanez. Yanez got another assist Friday on one of the Hernandez’ goals. Then there is the Wildcats defense. Coach Upton said junior defender David Moreno is a glue guy for the Wildcats defense. He said the key to the Wildcats defense is being strong, being tight and being aggressive. The Wildcats have gone 8 games without a defeat. Since a loss on January 11, the Wildcats have won 4 and tied 4. Coach Upton said the Wildcats have played a tougher schedule this year and he has convinced his team they can play with anyone. The Wildcats open district play on the road at Greenville Tuesday night. He said the Lions lost 16 seniors off of an 18 player roster last year. He said they are having to reload. Coach Upton likes his chances Tuesday night.
Home » Headlines » Wildcats Soccer Coach Alexi Upton Feels Really Good About His Team Entering District Play Tuesday
- H C Historical Society ‘Style Show’ and Brunch Was a Fun Fundraiser for Heritage Park
- SSHS 2021 Homecoming Pre-Game Recognition
- Wildcats Football Team Loses Track Meet With Crandall Lions on Homecoming
- Watch the Wildcats Live on Homecoming Night!
- Information From the Truck Driving Class at the Paris Junior College Sulphur Springs Campus
- Man Arrested In 2017 For Smuggling People Into The Country Is Back In Hopkins County Jail On Warrants