The Wildcats Golf Team finished in sixth place out of 11 teams at a regional course preview at Rockwall Golf and Athletic Club this week. It was supposed to be a two-day tournament Monday and Tuesday (February 17-18). The golfers got day one in on Monday, which featured nice temperatures but strong wind. Wildcats Golf Coach Jeremy Delorge said his team got about 12 or 13 holes in Tuesday before a storm washed out the round. Tournament officials decided to count day one results only. Coach Delorge said that was unfortunate for several Wildcats who were playing much better on Tuesday than they did Monday. He said the Wildcats still got a good look at the course that will host the regional tournament. Coach Delorge said five good teams finished ahead of the Wildcats: Highland Park, Lovejoy, Frisco Independence, Texas High and Lufkin. Coach Delorge told his team he believes they can make up the 12 strokes that Texas High beat them by. He said the Wildcats finished ahead of Mount Pleasant. For the Wildcats, Colton Bench and Grant Mohesky both shot 82. Kip Chilldress had 85. Rylan Brewer shot 99 and Caleb Kesting had 111. Coach Delorge said the courses still on the schedule are a lot like Rockwall Golf and Athletic Club. Next Monday the Wildcats will play in a Dallas Jesuit tournament at Brookhaven Masters Country Club In Dallas.
- Paris District Road Report for the Week of June 14, 2021
- Criminal Trespassing Complaint At Walmart Results In Controlled Substance, Warrant Arrest
- Aiguier Cemetery Association Officers, Perpetual Care Board Elected
- Senator Hall Gives Update On How Priorities, Bills Fared During 87th Legislative Session
- Hopkins County Records – June 11, 2021
- Wildcats Basketball, Lady Cats Basketball and Lady Cats Volleyball Begin The Edge Monday