Wildcats Basketball Coach Clark Cipoletta, on KSST Radio and Cable Channel 18’s Saturday Morning Coaches Show, said the Wildcats came out too reserved against Mount Pleasant in a 45-31 loss on the road last Friday (February 7). He said the Wildcats needed to play aggressively, not passively. On top of that he said the Wildcats did not finish well inside and did not shoot the ball well. Coach Cipoletta said he’d rather have a game like this now than at a critical time later that could mean the end of one’s season. He said the Wildcats have been a good offensive team against zone defenses this season but were not Friday. He did give credit to the Tigers’ defense for making things hard for the Wildcats. Coach Cipoletta said the Wildcats are a good three point shooting team but he said that was not the case last Friday. He said the Wildcats killed Mount Pleasant on the offensive boards the first time they played. He said the Tigers did a good job of preventing offensive rebounds Friday night. Coach Cipoletta said he sees this season as a a long journey and noting his team’s current second place status said there were different ways to get where we want to go. With three district games left, Coach Cipoletta said a three-game winning streak would be a good way to enter the playoffs. All three district games left are at home: Tuesday night versus Texas High, Friday night against Royse City and a senior night game on February 18 against Lindale. The Wildcats are currently ranked #10 in Class 5A. Mount Pleasant popped into the rankings at #24. The Wildcats are 5-2 in district play and 23-8 for the season.
Home » Headlines » Wildcats Basketball Coach Clark Cipoletta said Wildcats Needed to Be More Aggressive in Mt. Pleasant Loss Friday
- Sulphur Springs Man Allegedly Evaded Police At High Rate Of Speed Through Residential Area
- SSHS Law Enforcement, Forensic Science Classes Test Skills At Mock Trial
- Three Wildcats Qualify for State Powerlifting Meet, Second Lady Cat Also Going to State
- Wildcats Track Team Takes First at Royse City Meet and Lady Cats are Third
- Trading Post for March 5, 2021
- North Hopkins and Como-Pickton Baseball Game Ends in 3-3 Tie Due to Rain Friday