Wildcats Basketball Coach Clark Cipoletta pronounced himself as pleased with the Wildcats, 67-41 win at Lindale Friday night (January 31). The win kept the Wildcats, ranked #8 in the state this week, tied for first place in district with Mount Pleasant. Both have 4-1 records halfway through district play. The Wildcats season record is 22-7. Coach Cipoletta said his Wildcats executed on both ends of the court Friday and played well as a team. He said the Wildcats also had to make some adjustments on the fly. The game stayed close for about a quarter and a half before a Wildcats run into halftime that continued on into the second half. Coach Cipoletta said early the Wildcats just had to stay persistent with their attack. For another game, the Wildcats utilized a balanced attack to get the win. Lindale began play defending Day Day Hall one on one and Hall got off to a great start in the first quarter. Coach Cipoletta said the Eagles tried to take Grayson McClure out of the game and that opened up things for his cousin Boo Wilkerson. Lamodrick Johnson put in some points and then Cameron Kahn had a big third quarter. Coach Cipoletta said the Wildcats met team goals for assists, rebounding and defensive efficiency. In most cases, a coach might be worried about the Wildcats looking past an opponent to this Friday game at Mount Pleasant. However it would be hard to suggest that the Wildcats might look past Greenville at home on Tuesday night. The Lions gave the Wildcats their only district loss back on January 17. Expect another highly competitive game in a rocking gym Tuesday night.
- Paris District Road Report for the Week of June 14, 2021
- Criminal Trespassing Complaint At Walmart Results In Controlled Substance, Warrant Arrest
- Aiguier Cemetery Association Officers, Perpetual Care Board Elected
- Senator Hall Gives Update On How Priorities, Bills Fared During 87th Legislative Session
- Hopkins County Records – June 11, 2021
- Wildcats Basketball, Lady Cats Basketball and Lady Cats Volleyball Begin The Edge Monday