The #11 ranked Saltillo Lady Lions Basketball Team won a thriller Tuesday night (February 25) at Trenton over #21 ranked Slidell, 51-43 in triple overtime in a regional quarterfinal game. The game was close all the way with the score tied 30-30 at the end of regulation. It was 36-36 after the first overtime and 40-40 after the second overtime. Finally the Lady Lions outscored Slidell, 11-3 in the third overtime for the 51-43 win. Jocelyn Ochoa had a big game for the Lady Lions with 19 points. Chandler Bain had 9 points. Anna Reeder scored 8 points. Kristina Wade and Brittney Peeples had 6 points each. Maddy Smith added 2 points. Julianna Giles scored 1 point. Coach Bill Giles said it was a very exciting game for the fans. He said the Lady Lions gave up too many easy baskets in overtimes but he said they hung in there, played physical and did the little things right in the third overtime for the win. The Lady Lions season record is now 31-7. The Lady Lions now head for a Regional Tournament on Friday and Saturday at Mansfield Legacy High School. This is a killer tourney featuring #2 Dodd City, #3 Lipan, #8 Eula and #11 Saltillo. The Lady Lions play Eula Friday. The Regional final game will be Saturday at 2 p.m.
Home » Headlines » Saltillo Lady Lions Win a Triple Overtime Thriller to Advance to a Tough Regional Tournament
- 2 Jailed On Parole Warrants
- Sulphur Springs Man Accused Of Sex Crimes Against A Child
- 2 Rezoning Requests Receive Approval Of Planning And Zoning Commission
- A Dozen Wildcats Make All-District Soccer Team
- Harper, Little Named SSHS Class of 2021 Valedictorian, Salutatorian
- Lady Cats Softball and Wildcats Baseball Have Important District Games at Home on Senior Night