The North Hopkins Panthers Baseball Team won a scrimmage game Saturday (February 8) at home against Martin’s Mill, 4-3. Martin’s Mill scored single runs over the first three innings to take a 3-0 lead. The Panthers tied the game with 3 runs in the bottom of the third. The Panthers scored the go ahead run in the bottom of the fourth and it proved to be enough to get the win in the seven inning game. Geoffrey Stewart, Kevin Clement, Dakota Smith and Tate Myers all got to pitch for North Hopkins. The swift Panthers stole 9 bases during the scrimmage. Jessie Rivera was the big hitter for North Hopkins getting three hits in four at bats with two doubles and an RBI. Smith also had an RBI double. Myers, Clement and Stewart also had hits for the Panthers. North Hopkins will try to get in another scrimmage game with Martin’s Mill this week if the weather cooperates.
- Paris District Road Report for the Week of June 21, 2021
- Reception for Retiring Carolyn McKinney Held Friday at SW Dairy Museum
- Ribbon-Cutting at the new Grays Building on June 18 in Observance of Juneteenth, a New National Holiday
- Tumbleweed Unveils His New One Man Show in Fort Davis
- Tyrik Rollison Joining Coach Owens’ Football Staff at SSHS
- Downtown Business Alliance is Accepting New Members and Planning 2021 Events