The North Hopkins Panthers Baseball Team won a scrimmage game Saturday (February 8) at home against Martin’s Mill, 4-3. Martin’s Mill scored single runs over the first three innings to take a 3-0 lead. The Panthers tied the game with 3 runs in the bottom of the third. The Panthers scored the go ahead run in the bottom of the fourth and it proved to be enough to get the win in the seven inning game. Geoffrey Stewart, Kevin Clement, Dakota Smith and Tate Myers all got to pitch for North Hopkins. The swift Panthers stole 9 bases during the scrimmage. Jessie Rivera was the big hitter for North Hopkins getting three hits in four at bats with two doubles and an RBI. Smith also had an RBI double. Myers, Clement and Stewart also had hits for the Panthers. North Hopkins will try to get in another scrimmage game with Martin’s Mill this week if the weather cooperates.
- COVID-19 Testing Update: 924 Tests, 648 Negative, 249 Pending Tests In Hopkins County
- Missing Arkansas Man Found In Lake Cypress Springs
- Governor Outlines Phase III Of Plan To Reopen Texas
- Cattle Prices Continue To Fall While Grocery Store Prices On The Rise
- Sulphur Springs City Manager’s Report, June 2020
- Architect, Land Purchase For New Sulphur Springs Senior Citizens Center Approved
Ye Olde KSST Poll
When Will You Feel Okay Traveling On A Vacation Again ?
- I would go now if I could. (31%)
- I would go once we have a vaccine for COVID-19 (19%)
- I will probably wait another month. (15%)
- I may not travel until summer of 2021 (15%)
- I don't know if I will ever feel comfortable traveling again. (12%)
- Maybe when the government gives the "all clear" (8%)
Thanks for voting!