The Lady Cats Golf Team got a chance to play at Rockwall Golf and Athletic Club this week on the course where the regional tournament will be played this year. Lady Cats Coach Whitney Spirener said on Monday (February 17) temperatures were great although she said it was windy. Tuesday was a different story. She said the Lady Cats had played about 14 holes when a storm and lightning wiped out the second round. The tournament was declared a one day event. Coach Spigener said Monday’s scores were not real good. No golfer could do any better than 76. Lady Cat Mariam Tran shot an 85 to finish seventh. That was one shot better than Tran did on February 10 at Gentle Creek Country Club in Prosper when she shot 86 for a 14th place finish in the rain and cold. Coach Spigener said the Lady Cats have had no practice recently due to all the wet weather. Coach Spigener is hoping for better weather on Monday when the Lady Cats play at a Dallas Jesuit sponsored tournament at Brookhaven Masters Country Club in Dallas.
Home » Headlines » Lady Cats Golf Team Manages to Get in One Day at Scheduled Two Day Tournament This Week
- 30 SSHS Students Kickoff Chick-fil-A Leader Academy
- City, County Fire Departments, EMS Partnering To Apply For Regional Communications Grant
- Buddy Walker
- A Lunch & Learn With Slaton, Hall, Part of 87th Legislature’s Town Hall Visits
- Trading Post for September 16, 2021
- Lady Cats Golf Fall Schedule Finalized