With the Lady Cats Basketball Team’s home loss to Texas High Tuesday night (February 11) coupled with Lindale’s home win against Greenville, the Lady Cats and Lady Eagles ended up tied for the district’s final playoff spot in fourth place. Both teams were 3-7 in district play. The two teams will play for fourth place Friday at 6 p.m. at Emory Rains. The winner of the game will play District 16-5A district champion Jacksonville Monday at 7:30 p.m. at Tyler Junior College. Lindale and the Lady Cats split two district games this season. Lindale won in Sulphur Springs, 60-38 on January 14. The Lady Cats won at Lindale, 49-33 on January 31. There is a good possibility that freshman point guard Kenzie Willis will be able to play Friday. She injured an ankle early in the Texas High game. Lady Cats Coach Brittney Tisdell says she expects her team to give it all they’ve got to defeat Lindale Friday. She says if her team shows up, she expects them to win Friday. Concerning the Texas High loss, Coach Tisdell says Texas High was all over the Lady Cats the entire game. She says she believes her team panicked when Willis was injured. Coach Tisdell says she could not get her team to calm down. She says she believes if her team had been able to calm down, it would have been an entirely different game.
Home » Headlines » Lady Cats Basketball Team Set to Play Lindale for Final District Playoff Spot on Friday
- Ribbon-Cutting at the new Grays Building on June 18 in Observance of Juneteenth, a New National Holiday
- Tumbleweed Unveils His New One Man Show in Fort Davis
- Tyrik Rollison Joining Coach Owens’ Football Staff at SSHS
- Downtown Business Alliance is Accepting New Members and Planning 2021 Events
- Jury Panel Summoned to Appear Monday Has Been Cancelled
- SSISD Eligible To Apply For $11.5 Million In Federal ESSER Grant Funding