The Lady Cats Basketball Team may have lost a bi-district game to Jacksonville Monday night (February 17) but Lady Cats Coach Brittney Tisdell sees the glass as half full. She said it was a big deal for her young team to earn a playoff spot after all they have gone through this season. Coach Tisdell said the game provides good experience for her players. She said the young players were getting better and playing smoother near the end of the season. Coach Tisdell said some of that was due to the return of freshman Kenzie Willis from injuries. She said the team’s season is one they can build off of next year. Coach Tisdell said a disastrous first quarter killed the Lady Cats Monday. They trailed the Maidens, 25-4 after one quarter. She said after that first quarter, the Lady Cats realized they could play with Jacksonville. Despite the rebuilding season, Coach Tisdell said she was excited by the prospects of starting next season with the group. She said she would encourage them to play some basketball outside of the season. Of the ten players on the Lady Cats playoff roster, eight could return. The Lady Cats had only two seniors: Colbria Harrison and Kate Womack.
Home » Headlines » Lady Cats Basketball Coach Brittney Tisdell Says Playoff Game Will Be Good For Her Young Team in the Future
- Hopkins County FFA Ag Mechanics Show is Largest So Far, 36 Projects
- 2 Sentenced On Murder Charge In District Court
- Free Bottled Water Available To Anyone Without Water Or Still Under Boil Water Notice
- Jan Dunham
- Pilgrim’s Pride Corporation Pleads Guilty To Price Fixing, Sentenced To A $107 Million Criminal Fine
- Former Enloe State Bank President Sentenced To 8 Years In Federal Prison For Conspiracy To Commit Bank Fraud, Arson