Wildcats Basketball Coach Clark Cipoletta was talking with Texas High Coach Jacob Skinner after the Wildcats 64-55 win in Texarkana Friday night (January 17). Coach Skinner has been gone from Texas High for five years and he told Coach Cipoletta that the district has turned into a serious basketball district while he was away. Coach Cipoletta, on KSST Radio and Cable Channel 18’s Saturday Morning Coaches Show, reiterated that district teams have to show up every game ready to play. He said there are no easy teams. He said the Wildcats with a big target on their back get everyone’s best game. Coach Cipoletta said the Wildcats played well on the offensive end and shot the ball well against the Tigers Friday. Still he said Texas High kept hanging around. A late 10-0 Wildcats run to end the game sealed the deal. The Wildcats also had a 6-0 run to end the first half. Coach Cipoletta said Boo Wilkerson exploded for 20 points including four three-pointers after the coach and player talked offense before the game. Coach Cipoletta also credited Day Day Hall with giving the team a pep talk late in the game. Coach Cipoletta said Justin Brock had big plays in both of the Wildcats’ big runs. The win for the Wildcats came in their first game of a three game road trip. This week the Wildcats play in Royse City Tuesday night and in Lindale Friday night. Coach Cipoletta said Royse City had one of their biggest teams ever. A guard that had a career night against the Wildcats last year also returns. After the Friday win, the Wildcats are in a three way tie for first with Mount Pleasant and Greenville with 2-1 marks. The Wildcats, ranked #9 in Class 5A, now have a season record of 20-7.
- Sixth Hopkins County COVID Fatality Reported For September
- Wildcats Football Struggles Against Top-10 Ennis Lions
- Hopkins County Records – Sept. 24, 2021
- I-30 Traffic Stop Results In Discovery Of Pipe And Methamphetamine, Arrest
- Wildcats Football Team in Ennis Today For Friday Gameday, Plus First Ever Wildcats Cross Country Invitational Tomorrow
- Author, Civil Engineer Describes What, In His Observations, It Takes To Make “Strong Towns”