The Sulphur Bluff Lady Bears won their second district game of the season outscoring Avery, 42-38. In the tight game, the score was tied 6-6 after the first quarter and 18-18 at halftime. The Lady Bears went up 28-26 after three quarters and then wrapped up the four point win in the fourth quarter. For the Lady Bears, Skylar Stanley had a team high 12 points along with 5 rebounds and 4 steals. Bailey Neal had 11 points, 4 rebounds, a steal and an assist. Angel Brown had 10 points, 3 rebounds and 3 assists. Jada Wade scored 7 points and had 2 rebounds, 3 steals and 2 assists. Tori Raine had 2 points and an assist. Lydia Drummond had 2 rebounds. Molly Kelley had 2 rebounds and an assist. Lady Bears Coach Zandra Peyton said her team ran a press break really good at the end of the game. She said the team tightened up their 2-3 defense at the half to make it harder for Avery to score. The Lady Bears of Sulphur Bluff will play host to Bloomburg Tuesday night.
- Tira News for Jan. 22, 2020
- A Few Simple Rules For Tree Pruning
- Wildcats Basketball Coach Clark Cipoletta Liked the Way the Wildcats Bounced Back Tuesday
- Wildcats Soccer Team Dominates Action But Has to Settle for 0-0 Tie at The Prim Tuesday Night
- Lady Cats Soccer Team Has Second Straight Rout, This One at Pittsburg Tuesday Night
- Miller Grove Hornets and Lady Hornets Get Wins Over Fruitvale Tuesday
Ye Olde KSST Poll
Large solar farms in rural areas of North East Texas are...
- A terrible idea! (40%)
- A great idea! (34%)
- fishy... very fishy.... (14%)
- I don't care one way or the other. (13%)
Thanks for voting!