The Sulphur Bluff Lady Bears won their second district game of the season outscoring Avery, 42-38. In the tight game, the score was tied 6-6 after the first quarter and 18-18 at halftime. The Lady Bears went up 28-26 after three quarters and then wrapped up the four point win in the fourth quarter. For the Lady Bears, Skylar Stanley had a team high 12 points along with 5 rebounds and 4 steals. Bailey Neal had 11 points, 4 rebounds, a steal and an assist. Angel Brown had 10 points, 3 rebounds and 3 assists. Jada Wade scored 7 points and had 2 rebounds, 3 steals and 2 assists. Tori Raine had 2 points and an assist. Lydia Drummond had 2 rebounds. Molly Kelley had 2 rebounds and an assist. Lady Bears Coach Zandra Peyton said her team ran a press break really good at the end of the game. She said the team tightened up their 2-3 defense at the half to make it harder for Avery to score. The Lady Bears of Sulphur Bluff will play host to Bloomburg Tuesday night.
- As Lightning Flashes, the Wildcats Soccer Team Gets Solid Home Win Over Hallsville at The Prim
- Wildcats Baseball Team Opens the Season with Loss to Host Tyler Legacy at Rose City Classic Thursday
- Lady Cats Softball Team Splits Two Games in Allen Tournament Thursday
- Saltillo Basketball Cruises Past Midway to Advance to Quarterfinal Playoff
- CTE Month Feature 4: Automotive Technology
- Pickton Man Sentenced On 5 Indecency With A Child Cases