The Sulphur Bluff Lady Bears won their second district game of the season outscoring Avery, 42-38. In the tight game, the score was tied 6-6 after the first quarter and 18-18 at halftime. The Lady Bears went up 28-26 after three quarters and then wrapped up the four point win in the fourth quarter. For the Lady Bears, Skylar Stanley had a team high 12 points along with 5 rebounds and 4 steals. Bailey Neal had 11 points, 4 rebounds, a steal and an assist. Angel Brown had 10 points, 3 rebounds and 3 assists. Jada Wade scored 7 points and had 2 rebounds, 3 steals and 2 assists. Tori Raine had 2 points and an assist. Lydia Drummond had 2 rebounds. Molly Kelley had 2 rebounds and an assist. Lady Bears Coach Zandra Peyton said her team ran a press break really good at the end of the game. She said the team tightened up their 2-3 defense at the half to make it harder for Avery to score. The Lady Bears of Sulphur Bluff will play host to Bloomburg Tuesday night.
- Paris District Road Report for the Week of June 21, 2021
- Reception for Retiring Carolyn McKinney Held Friday at SW Dairy Museum
- Ribbon-Cutting at the new Grays Building on June 18 in Observance of Juneteenth, a New National Holiday
- Tumbleweed Unveils His New One Man Show in Fort Davis
- Tyrik Rollison Joining Coach Owens’ Football Staff at SSHS
- Downtown Business Alliance is Accepting New Members and Planning 2021 Events