The Sulphur Bluff Lady Bears Basketball Team overwhelmed Bloomburg in district play, 67-12 Tuesday (January 14). The Lady Bears outscored Bloomburg in every quarter leading 19-4 after one quarter, 34-9 at the half and 50-12 after three quarters. Skylar Stanley had a big game with 21 points, 12 rebounds, 6 steals and an assist. Bailey Neal scored 11 points, 1 rebound, 2 steals and an assist. Dalena di. Donato had 9 points, 4 rebounds, 2 steals and an assist. Angel Brown had 7 points, 7 rebounds, 6 steals and 2 assists. Jada Wade had 6 points, 7 rebounds and 4 assists. Lady Bears Coach Zandra Peyton said Wade also had a big defensive game keeping Bloomburg’s key player from scoring any field goals and limiting her to a pair of free throws. Alley Collett had 5 points and an assist. Molly Kelly had 5 points, 1 rebound, 1 steal and 3 assists. Tori Raine had 3 points, 5 rebounds and 5 steals. Lydia Drummond had 5 rebounds, 1 steal and 1 assist. Coach Peyton said all team members stepped up and had a great game defensively and offensively.
- Ribbon-Cutting at the new Grays Building on June 18 in Observance of Juneteenth, a New National Holiday
- Tumbleweed Unveils His New One Man Show in Fort Davis
- Tyrik Rollison Joining Coach Owens’ Football Staff at SSHS
- Downtown Business Alliance is Accepting New Members and Planning 2021 Events
- Jury Panel Summoned to Appear Monday Has Been Cancelled
- SSISD Eligible To Apply For $11.5 Million In Federal ESSER Grant Funding