Smiley face

Cypress Springs Special Utility District Water System Issues Boil Water Notice For Hagansport, Mt. Vernon Area

Due to water line break, a boil water notice was issued Jan. 3 for Cypress Springs Special Utility District water system customers in the Mount Vernon, Hagansport and Talco area.

Affected area spans from: Highway 37 north of Mount Vernon to Hagansport, west on FM 71 to County Road 1081 from Highway 37 and, East on FM 71 to Talco. All county roads off of Highway 37 between Mt. Vernon and Hagansport, and all county roads off of FM 71.

Texas Commission on Envirmental Quality has required the Cypress Springs SUD 0800003 public water system to notify all customers to boil their water prior to consumption, including for hand and face washing, teeth brushing and drinking. Children, senior citizens and people with weakened immune systems are particularly vulnerable to harmful bacteria.

All customers should follow these directions.

  • To ensure destruction of all harmful bacteria and other microbes, water for drinking, cooking, and ice making should be boiled and cooled prior to use for drinking water or human consumption purposes. The water should be brought to a vigorous rolling boil and then boiled for two minutes.
  • In lieu of boiling, individuals may purchase bottled water or obtain water from some other suitable source for drinking water or human consumption purposes.
  • When it is no longer necessary to boil the water, the public water system officials will notify customers that the water is safe for drinking water or human consumption purposes.
  • Once the boil water notice is no longer in effect, the public water system will issue a notice to customers that rescinds the boil water notice in a manner similar to this notice.

Those on Cypress Springs Special Utility District water are asked to share this information with all the other people who drink this water, especially those who may not have received this notice directly (for example, people in apartments, nursing homes, schools, and businesses). You can do this by posting this notice in a public place or distributing copies by hand or mail.

Author: Faith Huffman

Share This Post On