Wildcats Soccer Coach Alexi Upton noted that at least Tuesday (December 17) night’s 0-0 tie with a Paris team preseason ranked #6 in Class 4A occurred during a scrimmage game that does not count. Deep down he knows that the Wildcats still have a lot of time to get better. He encouraged his team to just put the game behind them but learn from it. Coach Upton’s main beef was that his team had lots of scoring chances that did not result in goals. He also did not like the number of turnovers that stifled the Wildcats Tuesday night at Prim Stadium. The Wildcats defense did not allow Paris any goals. Coach Upton said the Wildcats are the type of team that should not be giving up many goals to anyone. But right now the Wildcats biggest problem is scoring goals. After Christmas break, the Wildcats will be scrimmaging North Mesquite and Rowlett, both Class 6A teams, at North Mesquite on December 27. Then comes the Wildcats final scrimmage, their annual Alumni Scrimmage on December 28 with matches between Alums against the Wildcats JV at 5:30 p.m. and against the Varsity at 7:15 p.m.
Home » Community Events » Wildcats Soccer Coach Alexi Upton Was Not Pleased After Scrimmage Tie With Paris Tuesday
- Thomas “T.D.” Potter
- Paris District Road Report for the Week of June 14, 2021
- Criminal Trespassing Complaint At Walmart Results In Controlled Substance, Warrant Arrest
- Aiguier Cemetery Association Officers, Perpetual Care Board Elected
- Senator Hall Gives Update On How Priorities, Bills Fared During 87th Legislative Session
- Hopkins County Records – June 11, 2021