Wildcats Soccer Coach Alexi Upton, in his second year here, says he is excited and ready to get things rolling. This Saturday (December 14) the Wildcats have their first scrimmage of the season at The Prim against Mount Pleasant Chapel Hill, Sabine and Mineola. Coach Upton was on KSST and Cable Channel 18’s Saturday Morning Coaches Show last Saturday. The Wildcats scrimmage Chapel Hill at 9 a.m., Sabine at 11 a.m. and Mineola at 2 p.m. Saturday. The Wildcats JV scrimmages Chapel Hill at 3 p.m. and Sabine at 4 p.m. Coach Upton says all the teams at the scrimmage are solid teams and should provide a good test for the Wildcats. He says he’ll be working to clean up things for the Wildcats so they can get better. Coach Upton says they will need to work on possessing the ball and increasing their speed of play. He says the Wildcats have looked good in practices that started December 2. Coach Upton says he held tryouts Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday last week and then assigned players to the varsity and JV teams. Friday he says the Wildcats and JV played each other. Coach Upton says the Wildcats have more depth than they did last year and are more talented. He says he would like to have the numbers to create a freshman team. Coach Upton is also working to continue developing soccer at the Middle School level. After Saturday’s scrimmage, the Wildcats will have two more scrimmages along with the popular Alumni Scrimmage this month. The Wildcats open the regular season at a prestigious Frisco tournament on January 2.
Home » Community Events » Wildcats Soccer Coach Alexi Upton Discusses Team's First Scrimmage This Saturday on Coaches Show
- Lady Cats Soccer Team Takes Two of Three Games in Terrell Tourney, Plays at Pittsburg Tuesday Night
- After Good Play in Terrell Tournament, Wildcats Soccer Team Hosts Pittsburg Tuesday Night
- Wildcats Coach Clark Cipoletta Dissects Greenville Loss, Discusses Mount Pleasant Contest Tuesday
- Wyvonne Bronson
- Winnsboro Police Department Media Report Jan. 13, 2020-Jan. 19, 2020
- Channel 18 News: Tuesday, January 21, 2020
Ye Olde KSST Poll
Large solar farms in rural areas of North East Texas are...
- A terrible idea! (40%)
- A great idea! (34%)
- fishy... very fishy.... (14%)
- I don't care one way or the other. (13%)
Thanks for voting!