It was a rare off night Tuesday for the #16 ranked Saltillo Lady Lions. The Lady Lions lost to Gilmer, 54-40 Tuesday at home. The Lady Buckeyes got off to a fast start and led 14-5 after the first quarter. Saltillo made some headway in the second quarter but still trailed, 21-14 at halftime. Gilmer extended their lead after three quarters going up, 43-30. Saltillo Coach Bill Giles said the Lady Lions played uninspired and shot really poorly. He added he hoped the Lady Lions would start playing better ball at their next game on Thursday. Tuesday the Lady Lions were led in scoring by Chandler Bain with 13 points. Allie Lane had 9 points, Anna Reeder scored 7 points, Brittney Peeples had 5 points and Julianna Giles and Kristina Wade scored 3 points each. The Lady Lions season record is now 8-4. The Lady Lions play next at a Dodd City tournament on Thursday against North Lamar at 2:30 p.m. and against Sam Rayburn at 5:30 p.m.
- 3 New COVID-19 Cases, 6 Recoveries Reported For Hopkins County On Aug. 8
- Hopkins County GOP Hosts Executive Meeting To Select Republic Nomination For Congressional District 4
- Paris District Road Report for the Week of August 10, 2020
- SSHS Back To School Device Prep Slated Aug. 24-28
- Monday Designated For Yantis ISD Schedule, Technology Pick Up
- Jerry Hooker
Ye Olde KSST Poll
Public Schools in Hopkins County should reopen this fall
- No (39%)
- Yes (34%)
- I have no idea what is best. (16%)
- If they don't.. I want a school tax refund! (11%)
Thanks for voting!